What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother Nature gave us the cold shoulder for sure. The temps dropped like a rock on New Year's Eve and the winds started (15 to 25 mph). Last night when I put the outside kitties supper out, it froze as I put it on the patio table.

When I got up this morning it was 8F, with slightly calmer winds. At the moment it is 20F and still breezy. Just poured boiling water in the outside water bowl to melt the nearly-solid bowl of ice that earlier was water. Woof. The brass monkey wouldn't have a chance.:LOL: Ironically, it's supposed to be in the upper 50s on the weekend. I think Mother Nature is having some "issues."

so calif

it is evening six pm. cloudy and about 55. big rain storm coming our way. tonight it is in northern calif,supposed to start this evening and rain up to two inches. i doubt it but we will see.

babe

It's been wet and wild here last night and today..The wind has now died down but the rain is still coming down..We live in the country and the road on our street is filled with water...going from one open field to our pasture the whole street is this way...We had one nut who blew down the street at about 90 and ended up in the field accross the street...Cute!!! NOT!!!!! looking for more rain tomorrow..
kadesma

Messy!! Rain and wind for most of the day. Then about 3:00 pm it started snowing. Since then it has snowed about 4 inches. The good thing is it looks to fairly light and fluffy, so shoveling tomorrow should not be too difficult.

I called a friend of mine who lives in the Sacramento Valley. Her power was out. A tree had fell across her road and took down several powerlines and her mailbox with it. The power being out did not bother her, but she was concerned about the road being blocked it there was an emergency. Her husband works for CalFire and was away at work when it happened. He was busy with emergency calls and could not come home to help her.

Winds 68 MPH. Big rigs blown over on the interstate..Interstate 80 is closed in both directions. truckers can get over the passes. They said 100 MPH winds there.

tens of thousands with out power. May be days before they are restored. My fence is down but other than than i am OK. My DIL was without power but it is on now.

Lots of snow..in the area where Sierra Cook lives.

Last edited:
Amen to that Sierra Cook, no snow but high winds and rain and still people out all over...
kadesma

I can't remember the last time it was above freezing here in Calgary...but at least I don't have hurricanes:ermm:

Windy now, local weather says 17 mph but the other reports are saying 35-45mph with gusts to 65mph which sounds about right with the howling that is going on!

Well, the storm hit down here around 4 and BOY is it a doozie!
Pouring rain without any stopping. I LOVE it!!!

My mom in Santa Barbara said they started at 10am and already got 2.72" at their house!

Now, if it would only chill down a bit...it's only 49 right now.

In Denmark (where I'm from) the weather is pretty sad right now. It's not snowing but it's very cold. I'm looking forward to summer.

Anybody need any snow? I have some that I will send to you if you want it. We have got 1-2 feet here in the valley and 2-4 feet on the Sierra Crest since yesterday.:mad: Today has been a day of snow: blowing and drifting all over the place. Cars have been spinning out and slip sliding all over the roads. I just don't understand why folks just don't stay home on days like this. Tomorrow is going to bring another 6-12 inches of snow. What concerns me is the Nat'l Weather Service is saying that one of the storms next week is going to bring rain. That is all we need is rain on top of all this snow.

Well, all I can say is Mother Nature has a sense of humor. A few days ago we were freezing our baguettes off (temps were 8F and windy). Today it has been very gloomy with rain and lots of wind again. The "funny" part here is that instead of going down, the temperature has been going up steadily...even after dark. It's 53F outside right now. Bizarre.

We have bizarre weather, too, Katie. In the 30's the other morning and now people are running around in shorts again.......only in Houston..........I'm actually ready to go back to Kazakhstan where there is a real winter........well, not quite ready......hahaha

A bit like yesterday with some variation. Not so gloomy and had a little sunshine today. That was nice. 'Cept Mother Nature has ramped the temperature and the wind up. By the time I got up this morning, it was already 66F. Got to about 70F today. The winds have been pretty high all day long. I would've sworn I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by my window a few minutes ago. Just plain weird here for the time of the year. I'll take it, though, since it keeps the utility bills down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom