What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks.
And it is doing a very good job of carrying me through lunch :LOL:

I love "red gravy" on scrambled eggs, too :chef: It's great with a slice of provalone.

We went out this morning, had omelet filled with tomato,bacon, onions, cheese, hash browns and sour dough toast and coffee...

kadesma

Right now since the boy is still sound asleep I'm having a large mug of Peet's Major Dickason with one slice of whole meal toast.

But later on the fun begins with brunch! Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes, with warm blueberry compote and real maple syrup (not sure which is going on my cakes yet!) I might have to scramble a couple egg whites to go on the side with mine. Carb coma without the protein!

ETA: no egg whites needed! They came out fabulous! Recipe posted for anyone interested! :)

Last edited:
We're having pancakes

I came across a pancake mix (a multigrain),my other half wants blueberries mixed in it.I'm just sipping my coffee otherwise on a lazy sunday morning.

I made rasberry mega scones, scrambled eggs and bacon. I hope this holds us until this evening, because I'm not doing lunch today, got too much Superbowl cooking to do.

This morning it was the ultimate start to a Sunday a Bacon Butty. Thick slices from a crusty white loaf, spread lavishly with danish butter and Heinz Tomato Ketchup then filled with hot, crispy rashers of smoked bacon. The Sandwhich must then be squished! Allowing the cold butter and hot bacon to meet making the butter melt and oooze into the bread. Washed down with a good Mug of Tea!

Last edited:
Just took a batch of cherry scones out of the oven. Smell so good. When Buck rolls out of the sack, we'll have them with some scrambled eggs, bacon and hot coffee.

I finished the spread for our Super Bowl appetizer and still have to prep our dinner, so this isn't the normal lazy Sunday for us.

Today was election day, so I went to an IHOP near the polling place. I had heard that IHOP makes excellent French Toast. It was OK but not good enough to ever go back.

Had a lovely 3 eggwhite scramble with shallots, tomato and fresh basil. With a piece of whole meal toast and a large yummy cup of Peet's French Roast!

That was the last of my Peet's....hope the care package my Dad sent (with several bags of Peet's beans in it!) comes today or I'll be coffeeless tomorrow!!!!!

just finished my standard for me anyway.
one package plain oatmeal, one package apple cinnamon, combined.
black coffee and several slices of my dehydrated apples {or were they pear slices I was eating? hummmm can't tell}

Steel cut oats with fresh blueberries, dried prunes, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground flax seed. I also had a lovely cup of Spanish coffee brewed in the moka pot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom