What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is for Easter dessert, and fresh out of the oven. It's my first stab at a low carb vanilla custard pie. I don't know how it tastes, but it smells great.

img_1460354_0_dafd11df3a39305a7a41034aed9bb425.jpg

Looks great, Steve! What did you use for the crust?

Thanks! I used my favorite almond/coconut flour crust recipe.
Keto Pie Crust | Ruled Me

I've used this recipe for everything from pumpkin pie to quiche, and it's a winner. It's a little more dense and cookie-like than traditional crust, but is easy to work with and has a real nice flavor.

For this particular pie recipe, I added about a tablespoon of Swerve sweetener to the crust. I also decided to not pre-bake it and covered the crimped edges with foil. I think that ended up being a good call. I've had pies where the crust sometimes gets over-cooked.

Last edited:
Andy, they taste better than macaroons, really dense, chewy, YUMMY!
I can't go back to Costco for awhile, since we're moving and I need to keep my pantry to a minimum, for now ;)
But Andy, if you find these, do try them.

Thanks. They are on my Costco shopping list.

I love you, I hate you.

We went to Costco today and I had these on my list on your recommendation.

They are really, really good. They are also 100 calories EACH! I just are three along with my lunch. They were more caloric than the lunch.

BWAHAHAHA!
Really ONO (DELICIOUS) yeah?!
Stuff like this, I DO NOT look at the calories, it just spoils the groove ;):LOL:

Made this strawberry cake from Cooks' Country (paywall, you can find the recipe pasted on other sites, but I like sourcing to the content creator). I'm quite proud of the result.

cFjjl4u.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, those strawberries look so delicious!

I had 2oz of cream cheese left in the fridge tonight, so I added a tablespoon of sugar and now I'm just waiting for the cream cheese to come to room temp so I can mix it with the sugar. That's my dessert tonight. This is my favorite way of making a base for anything from chocolate cream cheese pie to pumpkin, but tonight I guess I'm just eating it as is.

Back
Top Bottom