What's For Dinner 9/12/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm taking leftover chili from the freezer and morphing it into what I call chili dogs. Since the meat seems to get less and less in my left overs, I slice up some Bar-S smoked sausages and heat them with the chili, simmering for about 15 minutes to get the sausages heated through. It's ready when the sausage slices get plumped up.

I'll serve it over onion rice: One package onion soup mix uses 4 cups water so that means 2 cups rice, no additional salt needed. Leftovers are packaged in zip baggies and frozen.

As of now it will be homemade meat sauce and store bought fresh Buitoni Mini Raviolis, salad & possibly fresh herb focaccia bread.

Boneless pork chops stuffed with spinach and feta, some starch or other for me, garden veggies and freshly made apple squares and vanilla ice cream.

Today we had a splendid chicken roast, which Jill my 13 yo made for us all. Turned out lovely. She's wonderful like that. :)

Hello friends,

Football will be on the TV today . . . GO GIANTS!

So dinner will be a big pot of chili (no beans), rice, jalepeno cornbread and hot dogs for the kids.

HAGD!

I tossed some prok ribs into the baby crock pot with some BBQ sauce. I'll shred the pork and we wil have it on buger buns with slaw and beans on the side.

We had a huge breakfast and, then, a nice ride on the Harley. Late and big lunch, so we'll reprise the white beans and ham and cornbread from last night, but add a green salad with red onions, pimentos, artichokes and grated Parmesan. Dessert...maybe. There's still plenty of walnut cake left.

Last edited:
I have never tried 40 clove garlic chicken. I am wondering whats the attraction? Just curious. I love and use lots of garlic all the time but 40 cloves?

4 cheese Mini Raviolis topped with meat & mushroom gravy (onions, garlic & sliced mushrooms sautéed in EVOO, shredded leftover pot roast, chopped fresh herbs – oregano, rosemary, thyme & basil, plain unseasoned tomato sauce, salt, ground pepper, ground red pepper flakes & burgundy wine), fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and side is 7 lettuces & baby spinach salad (tossed with EVOO, red wine vinegar, Maggi seasoning, salt, ground pepper & spices) topped with McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme & roasted & salted slivered almonds.

img_919617_0_29e49a8ce41a115a4c455de8afcb9876.jpg

I have never tried 40 clove garlic chicken. I am wondering whats the attraction? Just curious. I love and use lots of garlic all the time but 40 cloves?

I'll tell you more after dinner. Chicken is braising in the oven now. I can tell you that it smells absolutely INCREDIBLE. Roasted garlic deglazed with white wine and cognac. Sage, Rosemary, and thyme now entering the contest....Feed me Semore, I'm getting huuunnnnggggrrrryyyy.

I'll tell you more after dinner. Chicken is braising in the oven now. I can tell you that it smells absolutely INCREDIBLE. Roasted garlic deglazed with white wine and cognac. Sage, Rosemary, and thyme now entering the contest....Feed me Semore, I'm getting huuunnnnggggrrrryyyy.

Ok I am waiting for the results!! I want the recipe if you like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom