What's for Dinner, Monday Feb 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made a pot of chili today so it's Chili served over mashed potatoes, cabbage salad, ( not cole slaw), and leftover cornbread muffins.

That's a new one to me Whisk. I've had chili over pasta (Cincinnati style), but not over mashed potatoes. Although I've made chili with potatoes IN the chili before.
That sounds like a real rib sticker. I'll have to try that.

Make a big hole in the middle of the mashed taters on your plate. Use mostly the "good stuff" in the chili, and leave most of the juice in the pot. You'll still get some of the juices in the ladle, which, co-ink-a dinkly is just the right amount. Tasty.

Chile Verde
39817-albums933-picture5360.jpg

I made garlic pork loin chops. I made a bit of sauce, by deglazing the pan with some 10% cream and adding some fish sauce and Worcestershire. That worked quite well. Lots and lots of garlic cloves in their skins. I used left over boiled potatos to make home fries and I heated some rødkål (Danish red cabbage).

Yum, guys! Great pics!

Our local Humane Society sells massive apples double-dipped in caramel, then layered in chocolate with sprinkles, as a fund-raiser. DH bought one, I sliced it up. The caramel cements your teeth together until it dissolves. So it's that, and maybe some carrots with tzatziki sauce.

Last edited:
I dressed out my lasagna with some garlic bread, a coulpe links of rope sausage and some steamed asparagus.

So, what's the verdict, Pac? Was it the world's best lasagna?

It was pretty darn good :chef:

Salisbury steak (whoever came up with that fancy name for gr. beef patties?} with mushroom gravy over mashed spuds and steamed baby broccoli on the side.

From this guy: James Henry Salisbury, M.D.
Even way back then there was someone attaching their name to a diet :rolleyes:

s&p, your dinners look good. odd combo, but good.

steve, nuttin' wrong with tasty over pretty. :yum:

we had buffalo burgers, baked beans, and sweet potato fries.

s&p, your dinners look good. odd combo, but good.

steve, nuttin' wrong with tasty over pretty. :yum:

we had buffalo burgers, baked beans, and sweet potato fries.

Thats because My GF can't have lemon and lime is the next best thing!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom