What's for dinner, Saturday, February 3, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made two different lasagnas myself. I used Italian sausage and marinara for the 9x13 version and white mushrooms and Alfredo sauce for the 9x9 vegetarian version, which turned out very messy. Good but messy.

Note to self: Include crusty bread next time.

Also, a way late update on the Grilled Chicken Alfredo recipe from last Monday. Lefse was right, the fajita seasoned chicken did not go well with Alfredo sauce. Cumin and lime does not lend itself well to parmesan and romano. :rolleyes: :chef:

Simple and easy, since kitchen is tied up with goodies for tomorrow..Tonight, minestrone and hot pastrami sammies...last of the spice cake for dessert.. now off to make a better than cake for s-i-l who has been begging for one with caramel topping.
kadesma:)

Last edited:
well, we have eaten our dinner. Made a nice salad.....have been putting the evoo and some red wine vinegar in the bottom of the salad bowl, and the greens, tomatoes, etc. on top....don't mix....put in fridge until ready to eat....comes out great!!!....I did little filetmignons on my stove top grill....all I did was smear them with olive oil, salted and peppered, had the grill preheated and had them on there for about 4 min. per side for med. rare. Made oven fried taters....cut them quite thin, slathered them with olive oil, then baked them at 400 turning a few times. They turned out yummy....DH had some ice cream and my biscotti for dessert, along with coffee....no dessert for me....

'stead of chix soup, i'm probably gonna cook a basic beef noodle soup. beefbase, baby egg noodles, maybe flavor with celery, seasonings. very wintery.

Last edited:
our supper couldn't be easier: my mom shared some of her taco soup with us. i added cheese and corn chips. simple, warm and delish! wine for me and a bud for mr callie.

We had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, green beans with bacon. Too bad I forget rolls at the store or had any time to make some. Oh well maybe next time. It was good though. Dessert...probably a coke float for the husband later and maybe none for me. I am still so full.

Back
Top Bottom