What's for Dinner Saturday March 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poached the Pollack in it's own juices with butter and lots of garlic. Seasoning was a little Italian Salad Dressing Mix and Mrs. Dash. YUMMY!

Tonight's dinner. We ate out on the patio. What a beautiful day it has been!

Attachments

• dinner03192011.jpg
    dinner03192011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 167
I'm going to have to make that pastrami sammie tomorrow. I snacked on the slices too much as I was ensuring quality control on their thickness :angel:

Okay, ended up having hot dogs and french fries. And for you hot dog purists, I had mine with mayo and sauerkraut and thoroughly enjoyed it!

LPBeier said:
Okay, ended up having hot dogs and french fries. And for you hot dog purists, I had mine with mayo and sauerkraut and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Is there any other way LP? Well actually I prefer Miracle Whip to mayo on a hot dog, but it's close....

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

I just have to post a pic of the shroom burger I had for dinner. Pretty proud of my first time Kaiser Roll/bun. I wasn't real happy with the look of the bun, my dough was probably too wet, so they didn't hold the classic kaiser shape, but... It tasted great. I will just have to make a drier dough next time :)

Attachments

• image-1947004787.jpg
    image-1947004787.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 164
  • image-2806712069.jpg
    image-2806712069.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
i cooked a large pot of white beans with two ham hocks. lots of onions and seasoning, including bay leaves. had with some left over cornbread,was super good. looking forward to tomorrow. always better the second day, right" still have gingerbread for dessert or maybe cheddar popcorn.

Salmon fillets with an espresso/chili powder/lime juice rub. Brown rice and spiced green beans on the side.

Grilled chicken, white rice and molokia. Molokia is a very common vegetable from where I come from. It looks like green soup with fried minced garlic on top.

Caesar Salad with grilled chicken breast. The dressing and croutons were homemade. The marinade for the breasts was some of the ingredients for the dressing (lemon juice, garlic, S&P and olive oil).

Craig

I just have to post a pic of the shroom burger I had for dinner. Pretty proud of my first time Kaiser Roll/bun. I wasn't real happy with the look of the bun, my dough was probably too wet, so they didn't hold the classic kaiser shape, but... It tasted great. I will just have to make a drier dough next time :)

Oh My!!!!! Those look wonderful!!!!!

We went to a meat market we had not been to before. They had some great strip steaks. We bought strip steaks, chirizo and prietas (blood sausages).

The steaks and chorizo last night were great. We grilled the prietas then saved them for breakfast this morning.

Thanks Mama and Pacs. I don't think I will ever buy hamburger buns again. I'm going to see if I can come up with a good hotdog bun. DH loves hotdogs!

i just have to post a pic of the shroom burger i had for dinner. Pretty proud of my first time kaiser roll/bun. I wasn't real happy with the look of the bun, my dough was probably too wet, so they didn't hold the classic kaiser shape, but... It tasted great. I will just have to make a drier dough next time :)

sent from my iphone using cooking
beautiful!!

Salad for dinner – Butter lettuce, baby red leaf lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sliced mushroom cap, carrot curls, sliced almonds, toasted sesame seeds and tuna dressed with blue cheese and buttermilk ranch dressing.

img_981333_0_cd5400c63bbe788616c8abda4812204d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom