What's for Dinner Tuesday 10/22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Muffin Burger with Colby Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Bacon & Mayo... "Empty the Fridge" Vegetable Soup, Macaroni Salad...

BurgerCalifornia Muffin.jpg

Pok tenderloin with blackberry sauce, broccoli and tricolor boiled/pan fried new potatoes. The blackberry sauce was made with fresh blackberries, homemade German mustard, apple cider vinegar, brandy and honey.

Attachments

• 2019-10-22 18.05.43.jpg
    2019-10-22 18.05.43.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I made the last batch of that raw tomato pasta sauce, that I make countless times during the summer - last one until probably early next July. A friend, who loves it, went in the hospital for an outpatient procedure today, and I told him I'd bring him some tomorrow. It was a large amount - 62 oz of tomatoes, before draining some, 8 cloves of garlic, a bunch of 3 different olives and anchovies, chopped up, and the first batch of that indoor basil, from the hydroponics. I cooked about 1 1/4 c of spelt, and added that with 2 cans of rinsed beans, to 1 lb pasta, instead of all pasta.
Last batch of tomatoes for the season, with garlic, basil, olives, anchovies, and olive oil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished pasta dish, with spelt and 2 cans of beans added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Lamb T-Bones (loin chops braised in chicken stock, lemon juice and garlic), mashed yukons (with sour cream, butter and chives), petite green beans and pan jus.

lamb_102219_IMG_6373.jpg

Subs ordered here tonight, "Luna specials" - steak, pepperoni, 'shrooms, onions, cheese, (and usually tomato, and green peppers, but I'm limiting nightshades).

Cooked tonight before the haddock I bought Saturday went off. Looked and smelled fine, so I topped them with Ritz crackers, olive oil, and Spice House "Lake Shore" blend. Nuked russet potatoes. Asparagus (hiding under a blizzard of Parma-Reggi) for me, Brussels sprouts for Himself. Two happy tummies. :yum:
IMG_20191022_215530662.jpg

DH is out of town for a couple days. I went grocery shopping today and caved in to a craving for wavy potato chips and French onion dip. Pigged out on that this afternoon and am not hungry yet :blush: I'm prepping things in the kitchen, so maybe I'll make a salad or something.

Back
Top Bottom