What's for dinner Tuesday, June 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Muffaletta.

Attachments

• 2021-06-15 18.42.56.jpg
    2021-06-15 18.42.56.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 69
That looks good, med.

I pulled the ham bone from the depths of my refrigerator and made ham and beans and collard greens. Served it up with rye bread for soaking up the potlikker. Tasty!

I made a salad with some red chori beans (to use the last 1¼ c in the jar), plus about ½ c of French puy lentils, half-cooked in the Instant Pot, with some freekeh added, then finished - set for 4 minutes each time, and released naturally. I drained and rinsed it, then drained it thoroughly, then added a basic vinaigrette, and two cans of drained kippered herring, broken up. Then I added a generous amount of chopped garlic chives, plus a lot of chopped dill (about ¼ c wasn't enough, so I added almost that much again). Then I added 3 HB eggs, put through a slicer twice, and thoroughly mixed in. The only spicy thing in it was a lot of freshly ground black pepper. I ate it wrapped in some leaf lettuce, just to use it up.

We had bagels with smoked salmon, sliced onion, capers, and cream cheese. There was also confetti rice salad, pickles, olives, pickled onions, and marinated artichoke hearts. I love a no work, tasty supper. Later, instead of a dessert, we shared three devilled eggs.

Taco Tuesday! [emoji895] Made with leftover smoked pork shoulder from Sunday, along with leftover coleslaw with chopped pineapple added and grilled elotes.
20210615_213926.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom