What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just watched the made-for-TV Hallmark Hall of Fame movie "The Lost Valentine." Probably the best Hallmark HoF movie ever! Betty White had me in tears at the end. Beautiful story.

:)Barbara

Hallmark Hall Of Fame "The Lost Valentine" even the commercials make me cry!! LOL

The last movie we saw

Fury was the last movie we saw. It was a movie by Fritz Lang, a German director. It stared Sylvia Sydney and Spencer Tracey.

This is a story about a young man (Spencer Tracy) who was trying to make a life for himself. He owned a gas station. He left his sweetheart (Sylvia Sydney) back home and went to the city and ended up getting pulled over by the cops for suspicion of kidnapping. He unfortunately had a $5.00 bill in his pocket that was one of many that was stolen from a bank. The robber bought gas at his gas station before Tracy left home. So Spencer Tracy was in jail and word got round the town that he was in there and the people got all freaked out and decided to lynch Tracey. So they stormed the jail, broke in, set the place on fire as well as throwing dynamite into the jail. The blast opened the jail cell door and Tracey got out and went into hiding.

The people who were involved in the lynching were brought to court to be tried for Tracy's murder. He listened to the trial on the radio feeling very avenged for what they did to him. Tracy has two brothers in the movie, kept in touch with Tracy's girlfriend and she discovers inadvertently that Tracy is still alive. She confronts Tracy telling him what he is doing is wrong, even if he feels like revenge is what he wants. Tracey shuns everyone, says he doesn't need anyone and he leaves.

He then starts hearing the voice of reason and he decides to give himself up. At the end of the movie he walks into the court room and gives a very good speech about doing the right thing.

It ends with Sylvia and Spencer kissing. It's a good movie and I have to say I enjoyed it.:chef:

I revisited Chinatown, 37 years after I first saw it, I now understand why it is said to be one of the best films made.

Ps what did you think of Ricky Gervas performance at the globes.

I didn't get to see Ricky's performance; wish I had. I heard he was pretty sassy. As for the complaints, he's a comedian, for cripes sake! :rolleyes:

not really a move, but watched a documentary," the Kennedy home movies." was really good. i was a young adult when the whole Kennedy thing was going on. these kind of shows take me back in time. often i feel the same emotions that i did then.

Last night, "The Fast and the Furious." Right now, "2 Fast, 2 Furious." They just finished making a new one, so James wants to watch all the others to get ready for it. :cool:

:)Barbara

With all the snow we have been having we decided to get "Frozen" the other night, but it was no longer on On Demand so we settled for "buried" which seemed just as appropriate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom