What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched Gosford Park. I really enjoyed it but I had to have the subtitle's on. There was a lot going on. Then I watched it again with the screenwriter's commentary with Julian Fellowes. I liked hearing how much fun everyone had making this film, and how much they all loved the director Robert Altman.

Tonight we saw "The Happening" and the new "Indiana Jones" movie.

"The Happening" was okay, but I would suggest waiting to rent it on DVD. It is definitely not up to the standards of "Signs" or "Sixth Sense" (also by M. Night Shyamalan), but it had some mild suspense. It actually was quite humorous at times. I started to say it was unintentional humor, but I believe parts were intentional, and others may not have been intended.

We enjoyed the new Indy movie, but it wasn't nearly as good as the others.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
saw My Life on tv today, with micheal keaton and nicole kidman. an exquisite little movie. very different from what he usually plays.

he plays a father to be and he is dying. he is making a video of his life for the baby to come.

made me cry

babe:(

Lions for Lambs and then tonight The Shooter. Lions for Lambs was OK, I think Robert Redford tried to tackle too many aspects of the problem instead of focusing in one one more to really get it home, but still a good movie.
The shooter was a great suspense action movie, I really liked it a lot.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets.

I enjoyed it. It was ridiculous and completely unbelievable, but as long as you go in expecting that then it is a fun movie.

saw My Life on tv today, with micheal keaton and nicole kidman. an exquisite little movie. very different from what he usually plays.

he plays a father to be and he is dying. he is making a video of his life for the baby to come.

made me cry

babe:(
Oh Babe, I saw this one years ago and I loved it! As I recall, I bawled my eyes out, too. Thanks for reminding me about it - I'm pulling it out of the video cabinet.

Saw two on dvd this past w/end:

The Diving Bell & the Butterfly - this was really good, and its a true story

Before the Devil Knows Your Dead - suspensful, pretty good plot.

I'd recommend either

Watched Dan in Real Life, I was really surprised, I loved the movie.

Agreed, it surprised me.

Saw Kung Fu Panda at the IMAX this weekend and thought it was really good. Jack Black was...well...Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman was great considering it was his first voice-over role. Funny, lots of action, and the kids sitting around us LOVED it.

Just got done watching "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont". An elderly widow and a young writer develop an unlikely friendship. I enjoyed it very much. Joan Plowright is an excellent actress.

Last edited:
Loved the Bucket List, Expat, although it was sad (of course, we all knew how it was going to end, but it was still a tearjerker.)

We watched Young Frankenstein with son, DIL and grandaughters (9 and 11). A little sophisticated for the girls, but we all laughed ourselves silly.

Just got done watching "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont". An elderly window and a young writer develop an unlikely friendship. I enjoyed it very much. Joan Plowright is an excellent actress.

interesting, that a window and a writer develop a friendship... lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom