What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saw "About Schmidt" again, with Jack Nicholson and Kathy Bates. I think it's one of Jack's best performances. Great movie.

we're spoiled---y'all do know that..........where were these movies and internet and computers when I was growing up???????? I'm so jealous of our terribly spoiled offspring.....there was no TIMEOUT except for a swat on the bottom........hahaha

We saw Man Of The Year with Robin Williams. It was OK, but got weirder and weirder as it went on. I am glad we did not pay anything to see it, but for free it was entertaining enough.

We also watched We Are Marshall. I was not crazy about it, but my wife liked it.

After seeing Jack Niholson in Bucket's List he is definitely diverse in selecting his movie roles.........I saw him last week in a reprise of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.......of course that one sealed his career forever

The Game Plan... could not watch it all.... got bored with it.

The Hills Have Eyes II.... another semi lame movie that I watched, but was lacking.

Bable .... decent movie.... wayyyyyyyyy to looooooooooong!!!

Sattie, I watched Babel on a flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong last year. I was a "captive audience" so to speak. Still, found it long and very depressing. Followers of Brad Pitt's career will find it interesting, though, because he gives a really exceptional performance.

At the theatre the last movie I saw was Iron Man - it was ok -

At home it would be Hairspray - John Travolta is one ugly woman, but it made me laugh (I love Christopher Walken)

I just watched "The Insider" last night, about the tobacco company whistle blower. Engrossing, enraging, and very well done; all that a movie should be.

Sattie, I watched Babel on a flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong last year. I was a "captive audience" so to speak. Still, found it long and very depressing. Followers of Brad Pitt's career will find it interesting, though, because he gives a really exceptional performance.

I really liked the movie, I'm just to the point where the shorter the movie the better. It definately makes you think tho!

After seeing Jack Niholson in Bucket's List he is definitely diverse in selecting his movie roles.........I saw him last week in a reprise of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.......of course that one sealed his career forever
Oh Gosh, thanks so much for bringing up One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest! I read the book just after it was published and adored it. Later, when I saw the film, I was blown away by Will Sampson's character Chief Bromden. Not only did he play the part just as I had imagined it, but he looked exactly like my father (except my father wasn't tall like that). Well, I came home and told my dad and pestered him to go and see it with me. Finally he did and he said Oh yeah, he looks a lot like some of my relatives I remember as a child. Not long after, I discovered he was born in OK in the same town as my father and he was Creek Indian, just as my father was. I never even knew what tribe my father's ancestors were or that my father was 3/4 Creek Indian! Odd that I never realized it because we have very dark skin and Native American features. Later, Will Sampson died in Houston, where I lived, following surgical complications. Anyway, after that long and OT story, this is a great movie and well worth watching!

So sorry to here about Will Sampson and I thank you so much for the background info....I had heard that he was a real Indian recruited for the part.........I actually found it very difficult to watch this movie again......I guess I knew what was going to happen....but apparently the author was quite upset that the movie was NOT told from the chief's point of view.....how interesting.......I thought that both the book and movie were great, too..........

Back
Top Bottom