What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara L;731455) I love Christmas movies!:smile:Barbara[/quote said:
Me too Barb!-My favorite is Christmas Vacation (Gotta love Clark Griswold's Christmas spirit and misguided love of family!) A Christmas Story (seems to transport me to a simpler, happier time)

Also, while not exactly a "movie", The Brian Setzer Orchestras Christmas Extravaganza (DVD) is always in the "high rotation" pile from Thanksgiving thru Christmas. Great music, Great fun!!

Aw heck, I can't help myself........Happy Holidays everyone!!:)

We just finished watching "Hancock." I had no idea what it was going to be about (other than the bits they told about on the back of the DVD case, and what they showed in previews). I really liked it. It went in directions I never saw coming. :cool:

:)Barbara

Believe it or not, I just saw "Overboard" for the first time! (I was away from home a lot in those days)

I enjoyed it-i thought it was very funny!! I also didn't realize how pretty Goldie Hawn was back in the day! Now I see where Kate Hudson got her looks!

coincidence.......I saw Overboard two nights ago for about the 4th time and still enjoyed it.......and you're right she was fantastic looking..(she still is for her age)...so was Kurt Russell in a manly way.......just before that had seen a Bio on TV about Kurt and they said that he had gotten really good reviews for this movie with her.....

Another Christmas movie, "Snow Globe." Silly, but cute. A little different twist on the "grass is always greener..." theme.

Right now we are watching "Nick Fury..." (can't remember the rest of it). Very campy. Okay so far. I said "we" but James is snoring away in his chair and watching it through his eyelids (Of course this movie was his idea)! He often has to watch a movie a couple times. :-p

If anyone is into international films, l'auberge espagnole is pretty darn good

Is that "Spanish Eggplant"? That sounds really interesting.......what's the plot......it doesn't involve a rat in Paris does it????? jest kidding.....seriously I like some foreign films......others I don't have a clue about what is going on.......

I watched two older movies last night... romantic comedy night I guess, but a couple of my favorite movies!

Some Kind of Wonderful and Never Been Kissed

I watched two older movies last night... romantic comedy night I guess, but a couple of my favorite movies!

Some Kind of Wonderful and Never Been Kissed
I don't think I've ever seen the first one, but I love "Never Been Kissed!"

Two oldies I got from the library : North by Northwest and Arsenic and Old Lace
Two of my favorites, especially the first one!

Barbara... the first one, Some Kind of Wonderful is a John Hughes movie... like Pretty in Pink and stuff like that. It is what DH and I call a brat-pack movie. I still like it, but it is corny!! LOL

i watched "bobby" last night. about the people that worked in the hotel where it happened,the killing of robert kennedy. a slew of big big star names playing ordinary people. anthony hopkins, harry belefonte, sharon stone, demi moore are just a few of the excellent cast. a definite must see.

Last night we watched Control - the bio-pic about Ian Curtiss of Joy Division. It was good, sad ending of course....

At Chez Toots, we've been on a movie watching roll. Saturday night we watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall - pretty good mindless fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom