What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
Norgeskog, when I was pregnant with my son there was a Dairy Queen about a 1/4 of a milk down the road from the college I was going to. I went there just about every day for lunch & had a vanilla milk shake & large fries. If I was really hungry, I'd have their chicken strip basket & water & then I'd go to the grocery store that was behind the Dairy Queen & get a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream & take that to the park & walk around & eat it. At least I was getting my exercise & calcium in! :LOL:

crewsk, every once in a while it is good to be bad.

Brooksy said:
pdswife1 said:
Gotta ask....

what is YMCA on toast??

I had some left over fajita meat and a few leftover sliced mushrooms
and half of a peach.

Yesterday's Muck er Meal Cooked Again. :LOL:

lol! I like that!

Today for lunch I took a piece of lunch meat (90% fat free ham) sliced some tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and jack cheese threw them on top and then topped that with another piece of ham. Put it all in the microwave for 35 seconds until the cheese was hot and melting all over the place. It was pretty good as always. I eat this kind of thing a lot when I'm trying to cut back on carbs.

Just so you all know, here's what's being served to George and Laura after the inauguration on Thursday:

Scalloped Crab and Lobster

Roasted Missouri Quail
Chestnuts
Brined Root Vegetables

Steamed Lemon Pudding
Apple Wild Cherry Compote

I'm having a big bowl of my pasta e fagioli soup left over from the weekend. It took 10 minutes to microwave (!) but it's nice and hot and good!

a bag of chips and a diet coke. i left my lunch at home, and don't have time to go out and get something. too much work to catch up on today. :cry:

I haven't even thought about eating lunch yet. I had to pick TC up from school. He got sick during lunch. Poor kid looks rough! He hasen't been this pale since he was 6 months old & had a severe ear infection. :(

Left over tuna salad.

Unless Mcdonalds screams at me while I'm driving by... Just kidding! :LOL: :LOL:

thanks pab, your soup sounds good. did you ever try escarole e fagiole? it's one of my favs. probably one of the only vegetarian meals that i eat. lol, "that's not food. that's what food eats!"

we do have a cafeteria, but i am boycotting it. i have been for about 8 years now (i can hold a grudge forever. it keeps me warm :evil: ) i was in charge of catering a christmas party a few years back, and my boss didn't think i could cook or new how to cater from outside the building, so we catered thru the cafeteria. they royally screwed us on the price and then the amount of food, so we have never used them again. i personally do not even so much as buy soda from them now.
fortunately, my boss retired, and now i cater half of the food for the party, and cook the other half. it's funny when my old boss comes back and raves about the food.

buckytom said:
i can hold a grudge forever. it keeps me warm :evil:

Once again, you sound like my hubby! He struggles to remember my birthday but can remember who p**sed him off a decade ago! :roll:

I'd love to try your escarole e fagiole recipe. Can you post it sometime?

lunch today is a salad: romaine lettuce, sliced green olives, tiny pepper jack cheese cubes, diced celery, cucumber, tomato, sliced peppercini peppers (sp?), grated carrots, a tiny bit of diced red onion.

salad dressing: some sort of soy ginger from costco, really good, rikki brand, i think.

protein: left over grilled pork loin cut into little cubes and 1/2 a curry flavored sausage

PA Baker said:
buckytom said:
i can hold a grudge forever. it keeps me warm :evil:

Once again, you sound like my hubby! He struggles to remember my birthday but can remember who p**sed him off a decade ago! :roll:

I'd love to try your escarole e fagiole recipe. Can you post it sometime?

Enjoyment - a warm and fuzzy feeling for a short time.
Grudge - keeps the inner fires burning always looking for PAYBACK.

Beware the scorned woman.

I wouldn't be game to forget MDW's birthday. That's a death sentence, especially if I got to sleep first.
Lunch today was a mouth full of grease & dirt from under the eldest's car. I'm waiting for dinner or beer which ever comes first. Hopefully the beer. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom