What's the menu plan Stan for Monday 8/13, 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Southwest style chicken salad sandwiches topped with roasted corn, guacamole, arugula and still warm (just made) pickled red onions/jalapenos.
I can't remember the last time that all 3 of us went back for seconds

Rocklobster, looks wonderful. :chef: As usual, so many yummy sounding dishes here tonight.

Nothing exciting here - a burrito of flour tortilla, eggs, applewood smoked bacon, onions, bell peppers and cheese. I'm trying to use up things in the fridge, as I'm going on a mini vacay down to my daughters next week. It was a pretty good meal, though. :yum:

Our dinner menu shifted slightly. Instead of something cooked with canned tomatoes, we opted for taco salads, so went with fresh tomatoes. :yum::yum:

yum, mofet. nice cakes!

looks good, rock.

i had a really weird dinner tonight. i worked a double shift (actually 17 hours, 4th time in the past 5 days, and i have one more 17 hour shift to go. i'm out at 4pm again today :sleep:), so on my way home i called dw to see if she wanted sushi. she refused, stating that she was making dinner.

still jonesin' for asian food, i stopped at a korean market on the way.

my dinner then consisted of italian seasoned panko breaded chicken breasts and steamed stringbeans (dw), and a few bites each of korean seaweed salad, marinated fish strips (like a soft fish jerky), and a marinated wild veggie bowl. the wild veggie bowl consisted of a handful each of various veggies, and a dark bean paste for dipping. the veggieswere: marinated sliced shiitakes, kimchee radish, mung bean sprouts, wild seaweed salad, dropwort, and some kind of steamed korean wild greens.

weird dinner, but good, and healthy.

me.

It's cubed chicken breast marinated in buffalo sauce (mix of tobasco and melted butter), in the casserole I roast cubed potatoes tossed in the buffalo sauce then top them with the chicken, shredded cheddar, crumbled bacon, green onion and bake until cooked through. Top with a sauce of horseradish sour cream. Very decadent, but fine in moderation.

Thanks so much for letting me know Deb :)

cooking for two last night & always wanted to try this dish that i had seen michel roux junior cook on tv.he used a pigs bladder,poulet de bresse & truffles....i used a cooking quality bag,corn fed f/range chook,chestnut mushrooms & truffle flavour oil.best/most moist chicken we'd ever tasted!
full recipe in chicken section.Harry's waterbath chicken:

Attachments

• WATERBATH CHICKEN 005.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 005.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 135
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 006.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 006.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 132
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 007.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 007.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 118
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 008.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 008.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 129
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 009.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 009.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 142
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 010.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 010.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 139
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 011.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 011.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 138
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 012.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 012.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 140
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 013.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 013.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 137
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 014.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 014.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 140
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 015.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 015.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 132
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 016.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 016.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 134
Hi Harry...welcome back little buddy :)

That looks lovely! Are those purple things truffles?

Hi Harry...welcome back little buddy :)

That looks lovely! Are those purple things truffles?
nice to be back k,thank you:chef:nope(if they were there'd be a few hundred quid on that plate!!)they are just a purple variety of cauliflower...look lovely & do have a delicious flavour.full receeeep is in chicken section if you want to give it a go.....it is deeeeelish!!

I have never had truffles so I wasnt sure what they looked like...I have heard they are expensive though

I have never had truffles so I wasnt sure what they looked like...I have heard they are expensive though
they are quite sublime & very very expensive.there are some white & black trouffle varieties that are more common & thus cheaper & also delicious.i use a truffle flavoured oil.it's about £3 from tesco for a small bottle which is quite a lot for the quantity but you wouldn't get the dirt off the truffle hunters dog for £3!!!

Back
Top Bottom