What's Your Meal, Neil? Wed. 2-22-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feel better, Babe!

Lotsa leftovers, we've been picking through them.

I did cheese ravioli in tomato sauce and there is a pound cake in the oven for dessert. Mmmmm.

I am making BLTs with the sun dried tomato bacon and on the sourdough bread I baked last night.

So I tossed the sun dried tomato bacon on the griddle (cold) and let it heat up slowly. Next thing I know I have burnt sun dried tomato stuff all over my bacon.:mad:

The BLTs were ok, but I fail to see the reason to put this sun dried tomato stuff on perfectly good hickory smoked bacon.

Just saying.

A 14" pizza (1 lb dough), topped with pecorino romano, parmigiano, plum tomatoes (seasoned with oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and garlic), mozzarella, anchovies, onion, and black olives; washed down with red table wine.

Last edited:
I took some already cooked chicken with the jell, heated it and tossed in some grape tomatoes. Cooked until the tomatoes were squishable, seasoned with garlic powder, smoked salt and pepper. Allowed the liquid to reduce and stirred in some cream cheese. Put over reheated pasta. Was very good, although a bit rich.

sloppy joes with leftover pasta salad
img_1111253_0_1d5b56a63cfb2be939c477a8200554ab.jpg

I have to work tonight. Helping with the cooking classes I have been talking about. Tonight I am assisting a Thai chef, I am looking forward to learning a thing or two. So, this looks like it will be my dinner, unless I can scrounge a few leftovers. Salmon salad sandwhich...
That sure looks good! I love salmon, but I have never had salmon salad. Your sandwich shows me I have been missin' out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom