Which air printer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Roll_Bones, have you tried "installing" a new printer (the same one you have), as a Black only printer? Then, it won't use the other cartridges, even though they are there???
No I haven't. But ink is a hardware function and I cannot see how software manipulation can change the printer's mechanical ability. I am willing to bet my printer cannot be set up this way. After all it is a color printer. Photosmart. But I can see how it's possible that the printer software can possibly ignore the color cartridges. So I'm going to see.
I have installed a few printers over the years and the one I have about 3 times. Never saw any option to change its requirement to have a cartridge in every slot.
Thanks Ginny.
I checked my old HP printer manual and it does appear to have Wi-Fi/e-print capability.

I need to take some time to fire up the printer and the computer to see what I need to do so my Spectrum cable modem will recognize the printer.

It’s times like this when I really miss having a fresh pack of cigarettes and an ashtray next to me.

View attachment 65436
If your PC and printer have Wi-Fi you are all set.
I quit smoking for more than 14 years and have started back smoking. I cannot believe I have done this and need to quit again asap.

I quit smoking for more than 14 years and have started back smoking. I cannot believe I have done this and need to quit again asap.
Don’t beat yourself up over it!

Accept it as lessons learned, you’ll quit again when you are ready.

I quit hundreds of times, the last time was over 13 years ago. 😉

There are times when I miss it but today the price would be as much a factor as my health. A single pack of name brand cigarettes in this area cost around $15.00.

If my PCP gave me six months to live I would probably go out in a cloud of smoke! 🤭

Good luck!

@Roll_Bones, have you tried "installing" a new printer (the same one you have), as a Black only printer? Then, it won't use the other cartridges, even though they are there???
No, but I will give it a shot. I will have to uninstall it first and start all over again. I will do a little research first.
Don’t beat yourself up over it!

Accept it as lessons learned, you’ll quit again when you are ready.

I quit hundreds of times, the last time was over 13 years ago. 😉

There are times when I miss it but today the price would be as much a factor as my health. A single pack of name brand cigarettes in this area cost around $15.00.

If my PCP gave me six months to live I would probably go out in a cloud of smoke! 🤭

Good luck!
A pack of Marlboro here is $7.50 There are several generic brands on the market but I don't like them much at all.
My sentiments exactly Aunt Bea. It has been 40 years or so for me but I still miss it.
Now if I could just apply that to my wine :whistling

Quitting is hard. I tried a dozen times to do it. Finally got it right 46 years ago.
The last time I quit for all those years I did not miss smoking and even spent considerable time at my pool hall where people are allowed to smoke.
I felt as if I had never smoked before. So there was nothing to miss. I used Chantix. My doctor gave me a coupon for a free one-month therapy. It worked much better than I thought and I touted it as a miracle drug. It was a miracle drug.
While there are side effects, they were negligible compared to the result. I stopped smoking.

I tried another prescription for generic Chantix recently with zero benefit. No side effects and I'm still smoking.
Good job Andy. 46 years is a long time.

I'd suggest you stick with HP if you're OK with their ink carts. I recently bought a canon with refillable reservoirs and bottles of black and color inks. With the HP's I've had I skipped the automatic replacement cart. thing. and opted to buy my ink wither online or at Costco.

For a ". . .very few copies each year at tax time . . .", I wouldn't buy a printer, I'd find a friend who'd let me use theirs.

I agree. You can send a friend or neighbor a .PDF document, and let them print it. You can also send a .PDF document to a FedEx office store, and have it printed for a pretty cheap amount. If you don't use a printer enough, it will clog, and that's a PITA.

I also have an EcoTank printer, and like it a lot better than the last few printers I've had. But, I use my printer regularly.

CD

No, but I will give it a shot. I will have to uninstall it first and start all over again. I will do a little research first.
Wondering if you got this to work. It seems to me all you have to do is set the printer default to print grayscale and it will never use the color cartridge.

Ginny, I think what they do now is they can tell when your ink is low and will send a replacement (or something along those lines). I chose not to have it as the idea of someone monitoring something of mine remotely... smacks of intimidation! :LOL:
I never thought you'd be so easily intimidated, dragn! 😁 Who cares if HP knows how much ink my printer has? It's nice not to have to think about it at all! A new ink cartridge showed up in my mail just a few days ago. I haven't needed one in years but I've been printing a lot of honey jar labels lately.

Wondering if you got this to work. It seems to me all you have to do is set the printer default to print grayscale and it will never use the color cartridge.

I can do that on my Macs, so I assume that's an option on windows, too.

CD

I never thought you'd be so easily intimidated, dragn! 😁 Who cares if HP knows how much ink my printer has? It's nice not to have to think about it at all! A new ink cartridge showed up in my mail just a few days ago. I haven't needed one in years but I've been printing a lot of honey jar labels lately.

Google already knows how much ink you use... plus your name, your age, where you live, your phone number, and probably what you are going to have for breakfast next Tuesday. :cool:

CD

I use Windows. This option does exist. I was thinking of setting it in the individual application, like Word, but you can probably do it in the printer driver as well.

On a mac, you can choose that in the printer dialog box that pops up when you make a print. You can choose it for just that print, or set it as the default. I'm guessing you can do something similar in windows.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom