Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While it is hard to eat right when there are so many fast food chains that keep popping up. There is still hope!! I love to cook and bake healthy and I always get my recipes from lightandtasty.com and cookinglight.com. They have delicious, healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh yea, and my favorite dessert. The key is to eat healthy and exercise. Good luck to all of you!!

I've been eating a salad before every meal to help control my portion size of the main dish (which for me, tends to be the most calorie dense). I cut up a whole head of romaine with a ceramic knife, then soak it in ice cold water and about a 1/4 cup lemon juice for a few min. I drain it but don't rinse the lemon water off, then store it in a tupperware produce container (it is actually rubbermaid brand). It keeps for over a week before it starts to brown, and stays very, very crisp. Having the lettuce cut up already has really helped me keep to my goal of eating more salad

I usually drink a cup of water before any meal which is working very well with me. But I've read an article may be 2 years ago about the benifits of drinking green tea after dinner. I think it said that green tea does not allow the body to store fat. Does anyone know anything about that?

I drink green tea regularly and have found that it helps maintain my current weight. Drinking green tea alone will not shed the pounds. I still need to watch what I eat and exercise regularly. But it certainly does help in keeping the weight off...and looking young!

I have lost 17 pounds in 35 days. I still have a long ways to go but at least the scale is going down.

I've been on a plateau now for weeks, bouncing around + or - 3 lbs. :doh:

I'm not pleased, but I'm also not discouraged. There have been a number of factors besides what I've eaten that have thrown me off. (New medications, eating out more than normal, etc.) I'm not on any kind of time schedule, so my weight loss will happen when it happens. I'll just fix meals that have fewer carbohydrates than usual for a week or so and then adjust to the new levels. :huh:

My body is NOT going to depress me or be the cause of me losing my normal, cheerful disposition! It is a work in progress!!! :chef:

Last edited:
Hubby and I started a new eating routine 7 weeks ago. I involved him completely in all aspects of it except for the shopping. He's one of those who sneaks things into the cart when I'm not looking so he will have to earn his wings to the grocery store in time. Anyway, he was a huge snacker. Now he's very aware of what he eats as well as how much he eats. The first week was the hardest as we both adjusted to dramatic reductions in our fat and salt intake. But now it's pretty easy. We had great weight loss the first 2 weeks then it leveled out. We are still losing and we both agree that we do not want to have to start this all over again. I'm really proud of him for sticking to this with me and for helping me when I was having a "moment" that required chocolate that I couldn't have.

My two sisters-in-law, my two nieces and a couple of friends are all trying to lose "just 10-pounds" with an actual goal of getting fit and whatever weight and inches go with that as a bonus.

My biggest food challenge is chocolate. While I have semi-retired from cake decorating, I am still surrounded by sugar and chocolate. Chocolate can give me migraines, but it is also my go-to food when under stress (which is most of the time!). So, I am really needing support for not buying, making or accepting anything that would test my temptations. In the last 6 weeks I have lost five pounds and my clothes are super baggy - for from building muscle with my workout plan which includes two pool classes a week, a gym workout specially designed for me and my health issues and going for walks with family and friends.

My two sisters-in-law, my two nieces and a couple of friends are all trying to lose "just 10-pounds" with an actual goal of getting fit and whatever weight and inches go with that as a bonus.

My biggest food challenge is chocolate. While I have semi-retired from cake decorating, I am still surrounded by sugar and chocolate. Chocolate can give me migraines, but it is also my go-to food when under stress (which is most of the time!). So, I am really needing support for not buying, making or accepting anything that would test my temptations. In the last 6 weeks I have lost five pounds and my clothes are super baggy - for from building muscle with my workout plan which includes two pool classes a week, a gym workout specially designed for me and my health issues and going for walks with family and friends.

Yay, LP I'! Good Job!

I'm gaining weight, but losing inches. Seems really weird, even though I understand why. I am told that I will start losing some weight again and make it to my goal.

In the last 6 weeks I have lost five pounds and my clothes are super baggy - for from building muscle with my workout plan which includes two pool classes a week, a gym workout specially designed for me and my health issues and going for walks with family and friends.

Yay for baggy clothes! And for working out.

Who would have thunk that it would be my 85 year old father trying his hardest at classes for his COPD (held at the Y) who would inspire me to join up and finally get fit! Now we are each others' cheerleader!

But about the baggy pants - I have to go get some new workout clothes....all these really "buff" people in their workout wear and me with my cane and baggy clothes! No a pretty picture :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who would have thunk that it would be my 85 year old father trying his hardest at classes for his COPD (held at the Y) who would inspire me to join up and finally get fit! Now we are each others' cheerleader!

But about the baggy pants - I have to go get some new workout clothes....all these really "buff" people in their workout wear and me with my cane and baggy clothes! No a pretty picture :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had to get two new pairs of workout pants, my others were sliding off. I got to buy MEDIUMS!!!!!:) I also managed to put two new tops in the cart, too:ROFLMAO:

I had to get two new pairs of workout pants, my others were sliding off. I got to buy MEDIUMS!!!!!:) I also managed to put two new tops in the cart, too:ROFLMAO:
I am actually looking forward to seeing what size I am now. Yes, I am hoping to sneak a couple of other items in too! I have some "spend this much get this much off" certificates for my favourite clothing store so Monday I will be having some fun!

am starting a calorie counting diet on may 1, we'll see how i do. i know how to do it but it is still hard. ordering groceries with that in mind. wish me luck.
A great web site to check out is sparkpeople.com it's where you track your food, they do the calorie count for you. It's been a hige motivater for me. I lost 22 pounds in 42 days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom