Your Best Pork Chop Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are so simple, and so easy...

Pork Chops
Ketchup
Brown sugar
Lemon slices
Onion slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In casserole or pan, place pork chops. Top each with 1 tablespoon ketchup, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 slice onion, and 1 slice lemon. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness of the pork chops.

Bangbang said:
Pork Chops with Mushroom gravy

4 pork chops
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons oil

1. Brown the pork chops in the oil while they are browning, mix the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix together with one can of water.
2. After chops are browned add the mixture to the frying pan with the chops and simmer for about 45 minutes covered. Serve with mashed potatoes.

I have a conncoction similar to this. At least is uses the cream of mushroom soup anyway. I don't use the onion soup though. After the chops are browned I add some minute rice. I don't measure but it's got to be around a cup, about 1-1/2 cans of milk (the cream of mushroom soup can) and a can of cut green beans (I like Del Monte) with 1/2 the juice. You get the hang of of the rice/liquid amounts. You're not making a gravy, you're making rice. Even when the pork chops are gone the rice/bean mixture is very tasty reheated. Only one pan too! Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan and loosen the brown "crusties" and it will need stirred a little bit so the rice under the chops doesn't burn. Just a few drops of a hot garlic sauce while cooking gives it a nice underlaying taste, too.

Katalyst said:
:flowers: :clap:
Corinne,
I had 8 chops I’d cut from a boneless loin, and must admit I was skeptical that 50-60 min @ 400° would yield leather. But I “bit” when I read the part about cutting them with a fork. OMG, it is so true!

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! I used this recipe & made 50+ chops for the local homeless shelter on Sat. They went over so well. People loved 'em! So glad they worked well for you, too!

Corinne

Corinne said:
You can cut these with a fork!

Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
bread crumbs

Instructions: Beat egg & milk. Dip chops in egg & milk mixture. Cover chops with bread crumbs. Brown in 1" of oil. Remove from oil & place in baking dish. Add 1/4 cup boiling water to baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 400* for 50 - 60 minutes.
Thank you so much Corinne for this recipe! Tonight, for the first time EVER, I made pork chops that were juicy and tender. And these were really cheap, thin "assorted family pack" chops. I have almost always bought the cheapest cuts of meat because even when I bought the lovely, expensive cuts, I turned it into jerky. So clearly, this recipe is fool-proof! I can't wait to buy some of the beautiful thick chops I've always passed up. Thanks again - my kids were actually speechless tonight as they cleaned their plates!!!
Your New Best Friend Forever,
Terry

Pork Chops In Onion Gravy

4 (1") Bone In Chops
1/2 Tea. Salt
1/2 Tea. Pepper
2 Tab. Plain Flour
2 Tab. Vegetable Oil
2 Med. Onions ,cut In Half And Thinly Sliced
1/2 Cup Beer (or Beef Broth)
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
1 Tea. Cornstarch
2 Tab. Water

Coat Chops With Salt And Pepper Dredge In Flour Shaking Off Excess
Cook Chops In Hot Oil In Cast Iron Skillet,med High Heat For 3 Mins Each Side
Add Onion Cook 5 Mins,turning Chops Once
Add Beer And Beef Broth.cover,reduce Heat. And Simmer 15 Mins.
Remove Chops, Keep Warm In Oven (low Temp)reserve Onion Mixture In Skillet.
Stir Water And Cornstarch Together,
Stir Into Onion Mixture
Cook Over Med. High Heat ,stirring Constantly,3 Mins.or Til Gravy Is Thick
Spoon Over Chops , Or Put Chops Into Gravy And Serve Immediately

My Husband Loves This Recipe....

I like simple recipes and Corinne's looks great and sounds well tried and tested! I'm going to buy porkchops tomorrow!

Southerncook, your recipe is simple too and the beer makes it very interesting to me. I'll try your recipe as well! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
2 Extra thick chops (boneless)
4 strips bacon
1 sliced onion
2 1/2 - 3 T dark brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Booze (anything on hand, bourbon, apple liquor, white wine, etc.)
S&P

Preheat oven to 325
Wrap the bacon around the sides of the chops and secure with butchers twine. Season the chops with S&P, and sear both sides in an oven safe pan. Remove and place on the side. Add the onion to the pan and lightly brown them. Add the booze and stock and cook for about a minute or two. Place the chops in the pan and cover with the onions. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and place in the oven covered for about 20 minutes.

Remove when chops reach 150 deg internal temp. Set the chops aside and tent with foil. If the sauce is not thick enough, reduce stovetop.

Plate and cover the chops with the sauce and onion.

Brining pork chops before cooking will yield not only moister meat but amazed comments from the people eating it... :)

I have two recipes we really like. Here's the first:

4 center-cut pork chops
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
4 3-inch sprigs fresh rosemary

Mix mustard and thyme. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper, then coat with mustard/thyme mixture. Grill over high heat 4-5 minutes per side or until just done. Place rosemary sprigs on chops for last few minutes of cooking.

The other one is more involved and has more ingredients, so I'll post that one from home later.

Enjoy :)

My mother has made this recipe every Monday night for as far back as I can remember, and, according to my father, still does. \

4 pork chops, any style, bone in or out
2 Tbs olive oil
2 16 ounce cans Campbell's pork & beans or 1 28 ounce can Bush's homestyle beans
1 can of water for each bean can
salt & pepper to taste

Season pork chops with salt and pepper, then brown them in a skillet or frying pan on both sides in olive oil. Remove pork chops from skillet, drain off any fat, return pork chops to skillet, and add beans and water. Simmer over medium heat until water evaporates and a thick sauce forms. Serve with whatever you want for a vegetable and/or a salad of choice.

Oh, BTW, Progresso still makes two great Italian style tomato soups!

• Tomato Basil
• Tomato Rotini

Last edited:
This may sound strange but here it is:

Melt butter in fry pan with one packet of dry onion soup mix. Add pork chops and brown both sides

Pour applesauce in baking dish and top with pork chops with pan drippings.

bake for 30 minutes

Wow, This is a cookbook of porkchops - I will have to copy some off into a special notebook! I'm almost ashamed to add anything but my daughter and the grandkids like this one so much I shall. They don't go much for spices, a little salt and pepper, easy on both and that's about it.

They are good to have supper ready when she comes home from one of those 12 hour nursing days:

Dredge pork chops through beaten egg, then flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then egg again and then cornmeal. Cornbread mix turned out to be excellent by accident. Into a baking dish, cover well with good chicken stock, cover dish and into a preheated 350 F oven until the porkchops are really tender. They think it's great when the meat practically falls off the bone.

See, I said I was almost ashamed but they love these; ask for them as a matter of fact. So if you please family it's plenty good. :) David

I love these.
Brown seasoned bone-in pork chops on both sides,. Add lots of sliced onions and apples , a litle more S & P, saute until onions are almost done. Roast in a 350 oven for about 15 mins. or until pork is just cooked through.

after brining in Beer and salt (ciders good too), I top with grated cheese and a few drops of tobasco, and oven cook them.
that`s about as fancy as I get really, I prefer either pan fried or rolled in dried sage and garlic powder and then BBQ them.

Thank you lyndalou

Wow, This is a cookbook of porkchops - I will have to copy some off into a special notebook! I'm almost ashamed to add anything but my daughter and the grandkids like this one so much I shall. They don't go much for spices, a little salt and pepper, easy on both and that's about it.

See, I said I was almost ashamed but they love these; ask for them as a matter of fact. So if you please family it's plenty good. :) David

Now I am ashamed, lyndalou kinda reminded me that I brown them after dredging and before putting them into the baking dish. What time was it when I wrote that? I had no business being up at that hour!:rolleyes:

I marinate my chops in bruised sage, apple juice, salt and pepper for a day. Grill to medium and take off the heat, let carry over cooking do the rest.

Top them wit a compote of brandied green apples, caramelized vidallia onions, and brandied bing cherries. Like pork chips and apple sauce, all grown up.

Brown 4 bone-in 1" thick center cut pork chops, that has been lightly peppered and salted on both sides in a black cast iron pan w/a couple of tbsp of vegetable oil on medium high heat, both sides till brown and no blood runs out..Open a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup and spoon on top of chops, fill the can w/about 3/4 canful of water and pour that over the soup mixture, blending together..Continue cooking on low, covered till the chops are tender..Serve.

Last edited:
My favorite is Pineapple pork chops. Marinate the chops in teriyaki sauce for about 4-6 hours and then cook the chops any way you prefer till barely done. While the chops are cooking, open a can of dole pineapple chunks, pour the juice into a sauce pan and dice the pineapple just a little more, ( I suppose you could use crushed pineapple but I always have chunked). Put the pineapple pieces back in the juice and begin a low simmer. Add to YOUR taste Cayenne pepper and a little green tobasco sauce. Comes out wonderfully sweet with a the heat hitting you at the end of the chew. My family loves it.

I made Bangbang's recipe last night for dinner. It came out great. My husband loved it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom