Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh shiny; I want's me two monitors. (DH has three, but needs them for work.)
It is AMAZING how much faster I can get stuff done when I can go from one monitor to another...I don't think I could survive with just one monitor (I wish I could connect 4 to my laptop--I have 4 monitors, but don't have the video cards/ports for all of them). Try it, TL, you'll never look back. I bet it would be really handy for you to have 2 monitors connected during tax season...I think I bought the last flat screen monitor for around $100.

Was supposed to go to a different Danish Club meeting and look at used Volvos, but I got a bad feeling about driving, so I made a really tasty supper.

Started out a busy day at work, good coffe crowd, several people standing in line, just then I got a phone call. Dh's mom passed away this morning. Big suprise. We were all just there last weekend to celebrate her 88th birthday. His sister found her in her chair this morning.

It's the 3rd death in 3 days here. The first was a 78 year old gal from church. She complained about a stomach ache. Went home, put on her p.j's & they found her about 7 pm in bed, dead.
Another was a 58 year old hair stylist (first cousin) Her shop was in her home. She sat down to put her feet up after a couple of appointments. Her husband found her dead in her chair a few hours later.
Then today my mother in law. Crazy how all of them were so sudden with no warning. No hospitalization or illness.
I feel like I have been going through this day in a haze.

Started out a busy day at work, good coffe crowd, several people standing in line, just then I got a phone call. Dh's mom passed away this morning. Big suprise. We were all just there last weekend to celebrate her 88th birthday. His sister found her in her chair this morning.

It's the 3rd death in 3 days here. The first was a 78 year old gal from church. She complained about a stomach ache. Went home, put on her p.j's & they found her about 7 pm in bed, dead.
Another was a 58 year old hair stylist (first cousin) Her shop was in her home. She sat down to put her feet up after a couple of appointments. Her husband found her dead in her chair a few hours later.
Then today my mother in law. Crazy how all of them were so sudden with no warning. No hospitalization or illness.

Sounds like your MIL had the perfect Birthday and was able to see all the people she loved. Not saying it is a good thing she died, but often a person puts off dying until they can fulfill seeing everyone together one last time.

My condolences and I feel for your losses. {{{{{SB}}}}}

Sounds like your MIL had the perfect Birthday and was able to see all the people she loved. Not saying it is a good thing she died, but often a person puts off dying until they can fulfill seeing everyone together one last time.

Thank you.

What PF said. And (((hugs SB)))

simonbaker said:

Oh, Simonbaker. So, so sorry. My sincerest condolences. So glad your MIL got to see her loved ones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom