A question about Karma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gary b

Cook
Hello everyone,

I'm one of the amateur cooks on this forum that is usually asking questions.
Soooo, I'll ask another one. I haven't been giving karma or rating threads, mainly b/c I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Is it considered rude not to give karma if I get a good answer to my question? Do many of the people here pay attention to these things? What do you do with karma? I'm guessing its like praise? Oops, thats four questions!:LOL:

Welcome Gary.
Here is how this works.........Don't listen to MJ, he's new here.
Whenever I make a post.............give me karma. My karma button is the only one that works here, so don't bother with the others. Yes, it is rude not to give me karma when I post, I will be heartbroken.:(

I'm gonna take a wild guess here, that I don't need to worry TOO much about not giving karma.

wasabi said:
Welcome Gary.

Whenever I make a post.............give me karma. My karma button is the only one that works here, so don't bother with the others. Yes, it is rude not to give me karma when I post, I will be heartbroken.:(

Hey wasabi,

Thanks for your warm, helpful, considerate, intelligent, thoughtful, and somewhat humorous welcome to the forum!:bash:
You are a credit to the site. :-p

I gave you some karma for good humor. :rolleyes:

Just kidding, nice talking to ya.

middie said:
you dork !!!!
lol middie.
gary, it's really up to you on who you give karma to and what for. Personally, I give it sometimes for a hearty laugh or a helpful answer to a question (hint hint), even if it isn't a question I asked, or for appreciation of another member or really any reason I like.
As far as rating threads, I asked this question once and didn't get much of a response, so I assume not many do it.

I'm the second "dork". I stole the idea from Ken when he posted this.....

Here are some much easier guidelines.

1. Find any post by Ken.
Click on "Give Karma"
Click on "Add to Reputation" and include a comment on how witty and
amusing the post was.
2. Repeat # 1 as often as possible.

3. Never give Karma to Alix.

wasabi said:
Welcome Gary.
Here is how this works.........Don't listen to MJ, he's new here.
ROTFL!!!! 10 Karma points for that one!!:ROFLMAO:

Oh and another thing, the Karma you take is equal to the Karma you make... Er... or something like that, I think I'm being possessed by John Lennon again. (either that or having flashbacks of that awesome juggling video)

Anyway, the amount of Karma a person receives from you depends on how much Karma you actually have. So the more you have the more the person recieves when you give it. :mrgreen:

I'm not altogether sure how it works either. It's one of lifes great mysteries. The last Karma I got came from the vacinity of the grassy knoll but that's been refuted so I dunno.

Oh, and if you give Karma to someone you have to give it to a couple of other folks before you can Karma that person again. I just tried it with Wasabi and got my face slapped so apparently she was the last one I Karma'd.

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
Raven said:
I'm not altogether sure how it works either. It's one of lifes great mysteries. The last Karma I got came from the vacinity of the grassy knoll but that's been refuted so I dunno.

Never trust the findings of the Wasabi Commision. The report states that all the Karma came from a single member, acting alone, with no links to the Dallas Police. I.... don't..... know.....
busted.gif

The Wasabi Commission is based in Hawaii so ALL karma Must be given to the Commissioner.....ME.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom