G'Day from WA - Australia that is!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilby

Executive Chef
Hi everybody!

Your site came up on a Google for Pak Choy and while I lost interest in cooking the Pak Choy for dinner tonight, I found your site really engaging. I'm not one really for forums (this is only my third) but could almost smell the food coming from my laptop screen and just had to join!

One of the other forums I belong to is a restaurant review site based here in Perth, West Aus and we discuss restaurants, menus, and cooking but the cooking/food side of things is not the main focus. I spend most of my (computer) time on that site and so read loads of menus and reviews each day. It has helped me to experiment in the kitchen and now I am more confident in trying new things.

While I enjoy cooking, I only have a very small kitchen, with very little bench top and no dishwasher so I tend to let these points dictate my cooking choices. That isn't to say that everything is a stew or a stirfry but the dishes do tend to be more of a construction job or one cooked point with lots of fresh ingredients layered in.

I love seafood, Japanese, Greek, dairy, appetisers and fusion foods. I eat out about once a week and enjoy trying different ingredients and different dishes. Mezze plates (or tapas or tasting plates, etc) are probably my favourite item on a menu as you get to sample different dishes that you may otherwise not have tried cos of the cost or the description doesn't sound great. Raw and semi-cooked foods are fantastic and I regularly make up bowls of salmon tartare when the portions are "cheap". That and potato and leek soup are probably my signature dishes. Super simple but super tasty.

Not really into desserts, cakes/biscuits or for that matter chocolate and sweets. Give me savouries every time. (I'm still eating the chocolates from Christmas!)

Looking forward to many happy hours trawling DC!

Welcome to the fold Bilby,
I 'm sure you will find some wonderful recipes and some even more wonderful friends.
kadesma:)

Hi, Bilby. Welcome to DC. So your computer screen smells of delicious goodies, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is experiencing that. In no time you'll find a host of friends who love food as much as you do. We're glad you've found us.

Back
Top Bottom