Weird things you throw together when you're hungry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
jkath and I were talking about weird things you put together when you are starving. My big thing is Cheez Whiz. I have been known to smear it on pickles, or dunk breadsticks in it. Otherwise I am sort of boring. How about you?

ummmm, no. Cooked, but I stir stuff in.

Okay, flash back to childhood. Remember those TV dinners (probably Swanson) that had some type of meat, macaroni and cheese and applesauce? I used to stir the applesauce into the macaroni. Weird, eh?

Another childhood flash back:
Hot lunch day consisted of hamburgers, milk, potato chips and vanilla ice cream.
Of course, we put our chips into the ice cream.

I remember a girl at school who always dumped her banana in tomato soup. Now that's weird.

jkath said:
Another childhood flash back:
Hot lunch day consisted of hamburgers, milk, potato chips and vanilla ice cream.
Of course, we put our chips into the ice cream.

I eat cheese doritos with chocolate ice cream.

I think the reason kids do these things is that they aren't afraid to fail as cooks :)
I think it's pretty cool.

As for the tuna and chips, that actually makes sense. uh oh!

And what about the Lobster ice cream that is all the craze I think in Boston. Ewwwwwww sounds nasty to me

IcyMist said:
And what about the Lobster ice cream that is all the craze I think in Boston. Ewwwwwww sounds nasty to me

EWWWWWW is right! And what a waste of good icecream.

When I am hungry and want a quick snack out of the fridge, I will smear a slice of ham or garlic bologna with mustard and roll it up.

Another favorite, which I have not done for awhile because it is so fattening, is dip tortilla chips in sour cream and sprinkle them with Tabasco sauce. It is even better if you use guacamole flavored tortilla chips.

But I don't think either of them are particularily weird. :)

One of my favorite childhood treats was a mayo, peanut butter and banana sandwich. Ummmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom