Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge,
Thanks for sharing your family with all of us..You have handsome, scrappy sons and a loving family.Each day I check here just to read about all of you and see how you are doing. And each day is now bringing smiles and yes tears of joy for each of you..Thinking of you and as always many prayers..

hugs,
kadesma

John you're a fighter! Don't give up, we are here to hold you up!
img_417310_0_79fb2e863abf8f8e5009e873230b40c1.jpg

I went to the hospital today..he is having back pain from being twisted the wrong way. Two nurses put him on the bedside potty and then couldn't get him off so he sat there for over an hour..They had to wait for someone to come on duty...? He has a bad back and usually has an adjustment every two weeks at least. He has been in the hospital for 42 days now.

Still having breathing problems..possibably due to the pneumonia is still hanging around.

Kevin saw him later today and said he was doing pretty good. His platelets are really good. 160 now.

I am so thankful he has made it this far and for all of you with all your Prayers and well wishes.
Marge

Dove said:
put him on the bedside potty and then couldn't get him off so he sat there for over an hour..They had to wait for someone to come on duty...?

Sorry! That's unacceptable!!!! No matter what, there is no excuse for this. I came from a medical family and you should "scream" for better treatment.

Still, Marge, I'm so happy to see John making progress. Many prayers are being sent his way.

Dove said:
I know...but there are a lot of things that go on that shouldn't..
Sadly it seems some people don't know any better. I am deeply sorry for the hurt you and your family have experienced and look forward to your rejoicing in the good times.

Dove said:
He has a bad back and usually has an adjustment every two weeks at least. He has been in the hospital for 42 days now.
Would it be possible to have an adjustment done at the hospital? Sometimes when the back is back in alignment everything else seems to work better. He would of course have to have his doctor's approval, but it might be worth checking into.

Although John has had some setbacks (poor care by the nurses especially), I'm glad that he is doing so much better. We are continuing to pray for him.

:) Barbara

John is feeling better today. One of the nurses that he likes has him on a ser time for meds. He slept pretty well last night..even Sandie slept until 8:00 this morning. They had him use the walker and he did very well. They said enough steps to = a walk around his bed.

:) :) :)

Dove said:
John is feeling better today. One of the nurses that he likes has him on a ser time for meds. He slept pretty well last night..even Sandie slept until 8:00 this morning. They had him use the walker and he did very well. They said enough steps to = a walk around his bed.

:) :) :)

That's simply wonderful news.

He had a real good day today.
He is within the normal range of platelets, WBC and RBC. Good news!
He walked some 5 times today and is looking forward to go to a skilled nursing home...the next step before home for a little while before Stanford U. for the bone marrow transplant.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wonderful news Marge.........thanks for keeping us posted. Give John and everyone our love and tell them they remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Marge,
it's wonderful to hear John is up and walking..I can imagine how proud you are and how happy for his progress. Once he starts walking like he is, his appetite will improve, his enegy will start to come back, sleepiing will be easier, and he will be on the way..I'm so happy for all of you..You all remain in my prayers, so take care and know we all love you.
hugs,:)
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom