For PriFi, BT, and all you snowball throwers:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok, this thread is our playground, where we can construct any virtual snow throwing machine we can think up. Make sure you have a way to aim your snow hurler, and you have to account for distance. Of course this is our make-believe place, where we can exercise our inner child and imagination. So, PriFi, beware. I've shut the snowball chucker down in favor of the B-53 stratosnowfortress, which carries one hundred, 500 lb. snow-boulders, all soft and fluffy. And it's flying your way. Ever been carpet bombed with an avalanche of snow? Muhuahahahaha.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Snow? Oh yeah...I have a vague recollection...that white stuff that falls from the sky in the great northern wasteland and piles up on the ground making navigation hazardous.

One the Gulf Cost, the balmy trade winds usually maintain shorts and sandals weather year round. ;)

Please excuse me while I finish this grapefruit that picked off the tree yesterday....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeh, well you will never know the thrill of taking your kids, or grandkids in the back yard, and making a snow fort, complete with snow table and chairs, and serving up hot cocoa, and a steaming hot open faced sandwich. The contrast is not lost on the kids, or me. It's magical, as is a walk through the wintery forest. The serenity of the winter forest is unmatched by anything any other season has to offer. You only need to dress for it. And sledding down snow-covered hills, or downhill skiing, or ice fishing from a toasty ice shack, with a good friend of family member, can't be done in the gulf. And let's see you go outside, scoop up some fresh snow, and make a snow snow cone, or use your porch, or car as an outside freezer/refrigerator.

The Great White North is truly spectacular, so much so that I wish you and yours a very white Christmas, and lots of it to shovel from your driveway.:ROFLMAO:

After all, I love to share good things.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I may be an ogre, but I do embrace technology. Trebuchet with GPS location system at the ready as a loading system for my Firefly Class Transport ship.

Crossbow, loaded with snow pack bolts and an impenetrable snow fort. Take that! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

I see with have a thing going. I have my auto pilot wet for PriFi, and then comes a mid-air refuel and reload. Alix, I hope your snow fort has a air-attack proof roof.

Oh, and my monster snowballs are made from 100% powder, guaranteed to shatter 10 foot above the ground, to disburse fluffy, and cold, but gentle snow down each and every exposed neck or sleeve opening, and even get into your snow boots. You are in for a snow shower extreme.

I'm am now placing my canvas barrier on stout poles to sheild agains crossbow bolts. My sonic disruptor should be able to shatter an ogre made snowball in mid-air. Its a cold seeking device you know.;)

<rumble, rumble> You can see Chief searching the sky for the ogre sized snowball he knows is coming. While he's looking up it rolls around the corner, from a vicious right hook by PriFi, and rolls right over him...she bowls a strike!

<rumble, rumble> You can see Chief searching the sky for the ogre sized snowball he knows is coming. While he's looking up it rolls around the corner, from a vicious right hook by PriFi, and rolls right over him...she bowls a strike!

It's cold, wet. and heavy. You play mean. But that's ok. I'll still be dropping a snowstorm of light, powdery snowballs. Oh, wait! My display is connected to the B53 camera. PriFi, you are in my sights. All I need is to push this button. Hmm, 100 snowboulders, and 500 lbs each, of fluffy, loosely packed, yet coherent, carpet bombing your trebuchet, that would be 50,000 lbs. of snow is dropping on you, right..................now!

Do you think my attack was too much? Wait, the snowballs are bursting as planned. Perfect hit! And the snow disbursed itself everywhere. No damage done, except to bury that trebuchet.

Ok, I'm now homing in on the refuler/reloader plain. Alix, I'm a commiin'.

Oh, that snow bowling ball packed a wallop. I think I'm thinner now, at least from front to back.

Considering I live in the Great Wet North and true to form it is raining buckets, I have a rain catcher hooked to a giant snowcone machine which feeds a computerized series of catapult arms, each one with the ability to face in a different direction and fire up to 50 baseball sized frozen beauties a minute. At the moment I have them aimed at Alix, the Princess, the Chief and several others just waiting to be programmed :angel:

Oh and since it is a snow cone machine, I can add flavours as well! :yum:

Last edited:
I've spent all night digging out my trebuchet and clearing a warren of snow tunnels through the snow that Chief bombarded me with. Quite nice down here now. Have my ship loaded up with hand formed snowballs about the size of basketballs. Think I'll build Chief an igloo...

Hmmm...bowling for Canadians...

You're going to use your snow-bowling balls on Canadians!:ohmy: Won't your local constabulary have something to say about that?:LOL:

An igloo would be a great addition to my back yard. It'll provide a great place from my grandkids to play when they visit. Bring it on.

My crossbow bolts are designed to penetrate snow forts, and then explode in a shower of snow, immediately drenching the poor unfortunate in the vicinity.

Now to dig myself out from under this snowpile! Sheesh, you guys play rough.

My crossbow bolts are designed to penetrate snow forts, and then explode in a shower of snow, immediately drenching the poor unfortunate in the vicinity.

Now to dig myself out from under this snowpile! Sheesh, you guys play rough.

But think of all the virtual exercise you're getting.:mrgreen: I'm going into my virtual, underground bomb shelter now. I've got all the goodies in there. Do you know how hard it was to dig out the hole for my shelter, through the frozen ground? You're making me work so hard.

I think I'll use my engineering skills to design a device that can be dropped from my B32. The device will contain liquid water, and compressed air. When it detonates over the target, the water will be atomized and supercooled at the same time, by the rapidly expanding air, creating man-made virtual snow. So, since water is so much more compact than is snow, I'll be able to load much more into my virtual plane, raining down even more snow on you and PriFi.

Oh, and Prifi, let's see you get me with your "bowling balls" when I'm underground.

Oh how those physics classes have made my life more enjoyable. Muhuwahahahahaha.

Last edited:
Nothing you send is making any impact here - as soon as it hits the Fraser Valley any snow is immediately melted into rain.

So, I have modified my rain catcher/snow cone machine to use the water you are drenching me with to make more snowballs to send back. Alix, unfortunately I am testing it out on you first because you are the closest target! :angel:

LP, I'll set the projectiles to do their thing closer to the ground, so that the instant snow won't have a chance to melt before it gets ya. Thanks for the update. Heehee. You want me to send flavored water so you can make lemon, or other flavored snow for your snowcones?:LOL:

And Alix, let's face it, your car needed to be washed anyways. We''re all just trying to help ya.:ROFLMAO:

She may be closer, Alix, but I wasn't sure about the border crossings :ROFLMAO: Besides, going over the rockies will have freeze my snowballs together better.

Chief, by lemon, I hope you aren't inferring I will be using yellow snow :ermm:;) But flavour would be a nice touch!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom