Ghosts or Spirits - Care To Share?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No and no and never seen anything to change my mind in merry old England :rolleyes:

Anne Bolyn is said to be haunting a castle. I wonder if QEII has ever seen any in her many homes. They are big enough to have some great hiding places for them. Even the Tower has ghosts seen by many. I would love to see a few of them.

We had a home here in New England that was haunted with a ghost from the Rev. War. When the owners were remodeling, they rippd up the very old floor boards and found the skeleton of a English soldier under the floor boards. Once they returned the remains to England, the hauntings stopped. :angel:

Kylie, I'm with you, I certainly want to believe, so I choose faith to believe in life after death. Faith is a choice, not a feeling. Life after death has never been proven, but then again there's no proof that it doesn't exist either. I wonder if life after death only exists for those who choose believe it does?

Last edited:
I neither believe nor disbelieve. Haven't had any close encounters myself, but spending much of my adult life in old homes in old communities, know many who swear they have. When husband was stationed at Fort Monroe many people swore they'd seen our communities' many ghosts; here in Galena, and in Old Town Alexandria tales abound. The closest I've come is that when i first moved into this house, there were distinct aromas that would throw me off. One part of the house smelled like cedar. I scratched every bit of wood in the area and no cedar, no cedar smell. Then occasionally, as I was sitting reading, I'd smell someone walking by with a cigarette. Now, I've spent much of my life with smokers, but never have myself, my husband hasn't since decades before I met him, and none of my neighbors does. But I could swear someone was walking down the hall behind my chair, smoking a cigarette. Not stale smoke, mind you, a lit, puffed upon cigarette. Eventually we've had the entire house painted inside and the aromas went away. I did have a couple of guests who swear the 'guest room' (once the servants' quarters, I should be so lucky!) is haunted, but I've slept there quite often and didn't feel any presence at all.

Starting about the time I met my ex, in high school, I woke a few times to see a man with a beard staring in my bedroom window. The window was a floor and a half up with a freshly turned garden underneath it. There was never any sign of a ladder or footprints in the dirt. Off and on over the years I continued to see this person and I had moved around a bit, once I was all the way back east and this person looked in my bedroom window.

I divorced the ex, the man still showed up for the next 2 years until I met Shrek, I have never see him since. One day my Grandmother and I were going through a stack of old pictures. She had one, I grabbed it from her asking her who it was. It was a picture of my Grandfather when he was in his early 20's, complete with beard, the man who had been looking in my window I am the only grandchild my Grandfather ever knew.

So, yes I believe!

Starting about the time I met my ex, in high school, I woke a few times to see a man with a beard staring in my bedroom window. The window was a floor and a half up with a freshly turned garden underneath it. There was never any sign of a ladder or footprints in the dirt. Off and on over the years I continued to see this person and I had moved around a bit, once I was all the way back east and this person looked in my bedroom window.

I divorced the ex, the man still showed up for the next 2 years until I met Shrek, I have never see him since. One day my Grandmother and I were going through a stack of old pictures. She had one, I grabbed it from her asking her who it was. It was a picture of my Grandfather when he was in his early 20's, complete with beard, the man who had been looking in my window I am the only grandchild my Grandfather ever knew.

So, yes I believe!

He was looking out for you. Making sure you were safe. :angel:

So, yes I believe!

Now that's pretty cool PF. Like Addie said .. he was looking out for you.

About 2 years after my father died I saw him at my place of employment. I had this feeling someone was staring at me and when I turned I saw him. He immediately turned and went through a swinging door. I went after him and the door was still swinging. I asked the people on the other side where the guy went who had just come through the door .. nobody else saw him. I never saw him again .. just that one time. And that is the only spirit I have actually seen.

Now that's pretty cool PF. Like Addie said .. he was looking out for you.

About 2 years after my father died I saw him at my place of employment. I had this feeling someone was staring at me and when I turned I saw him. He immediately turned and went through a swinging door. I went after him and the door was still swinging. I asked the people on the other side where the guy went who had just come through the door .. nobody else saw him. I never saw him again .. just that one time. And that is the only spirit I have actually seen.

He knew she was in safe hands with Shrek and he could go back to his resting place. He wasn't needed anymore. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom