"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Ok ok. I now see how silly a question that was! I did take it to work in a small bowl, heat it to soften and many had some spread on croissants. Very tasty. But I had never made ganache before and will do it again! I think I'll do it with strawberries next. AND use some as Truffles. I bought some Lindor Dark chocolate truffles recently and this ganache tastes just as good. Thanks for all the ideas that maybe I should have thought of myself! LOL I won't have to ask about "leftover" ganache every again.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

what's the recipe?

Could you give your recipe for Too Much Chocolate Cake? It sounds wonderful!

(I personally don't believe there is such a thing as too much chocolate. . . )

Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

Too much Chocolate cake

I got the recipe for the Too Much Chocolate Cake recipe on the allrecipes site. There is a video, too. It does start with a bought cake mix, and you add to it. I prefer scratch cakes, too, but this is a pretty good recipe! I think it would be great serving them like "brownies" without any icing, too.

Tags
choco chips, ganache, heavy whipping cream, recipe

Use leftover ganache? I made a cake, a Too Much Chocolate Cake. It was absolutely delicious! I also made chocolate ganache to top it, but I didn't use all the ganache. I put it in a small bowl in the fridge. Can I just heat it in the microwave and re-use it as a spread on butter croissants? Or does anyone have suggestions re what NOT to do to re-use it? I did read not to put it in the freezer, for example! Thanks in advance. 3 stars 1 reviews