6-16-17 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's like when a friend of mine said she only bought "**" brand lemon/lime/ginger ale drink because it was caffeine free. WTF!!

(just remember that means Who's The Fool!!)
Yeah, I don't want caffeine in my clear soda either and no one is expecting it. But, it can be there. From the Health Canada site:

"For many years, caffeine and caffeine citrate have been permitted in cola-type beverages to a maximum level of 200 ppm caffeine. In March, 2010, after an extensive review of all available science, Health Canada authorized the broader use of caffeine and caffeine citrate in all carbonated soft drinks (both cola-type and non-cola-type carbonated soft drinks). The maximum level of use in cola-type beverages remains 200 ppm and the maximum level of use in all other types of carbonated soft drinks is 150 ppm." Caffeine and Carbonated Soft Drinks - Food Additives - Health Canada

Always read the ingredients on the jar of honey, if you aren't getting it from a trusted source, like a bee keeper you know.

I won't even buy pasteurized honey. As I understand it, there is no need to pasteurize it because honey desiccates any micro-organisms that get into it. I've read too much about adulterated honey, especially from China.

We're beekeepers ;) We don't pasteurize the honey, but we do freeze it in the frames before harvesting it. That dry environment helps to remove any excess water from it. Nectar is 80 to 95 percent water; the bees dehydrate the water in the hive, but it can be difficult to tell exactly how much is left. Raw honey needs to have less than 14% water content to be safe. This is part of the reason why we just bought a bigger freezer :ROFLMAO:

Raw honey also naturally contains hydrogen peroxide (produced by the bees and mixed with the nectar), which aids it antimicrobial properties.

GG, I have a childhood friend who runs quite a successful apiary in Northern Ontario. Don't think there isn't anything they don't do with their bees and honey. Love their propolis, but dug my heels in at sting therapy! LOL.

Although if my back gets much worse and there is no other recourse... never say never! Try anything... once... :ermm::LOL:

Always read the ingredients on the jar of honey...
taxy, I always read all the labels on anything I buy. Much to Himself's consternation when he decides to go shopping with me. It is the best way I know to have him not go shopping with me for a while :LOL: Love the guy dearly, but it's a little like keeping track of a 6'2" pre-schooler when he tags along. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom