Dinner Monday 14th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, if I used it within a week like I'm sure I had intended to I wouldn't be having this problem ;)
The real problem lies in that I have two more containers that were under this one. And nothing looks like it is the same thing :ermm:

:angel:

I'm laughing with you not at you. If I had a dollar for everytime I thought we were having spaghetti and ended up having chili instead (or vice versa) I'd be a rich woman. I've started putting corn in my chili for precisely this reason. EAsy to identify.

Don't feel like cooking. I don't even have the umph to heat some frozen meatballs in jarred pasta sauce and boil pasta. So, Stirling is ordering pizza for us.

mmyap, right now i wish I had a red jar of sauce. At least I would know what I was having :)

I am baffled, but the smell has finally broken through the freezer smell. It smells really familiar and has my senses perked, but it looks like nothing I have seen before. It almost looks like meatloaf with some kind of mushroom sauce on it, but I don't recall making or eating anything like that semi-recently... I hate to toss it in the microwave only because I don't want to totally warm it up when I don't know what to make to go along.

The anticipation is killing me though!

Hub picked up 2 packs of hot dogs. So 2 meals. One will be franks and beans - B&M baked beans are on sale. So dogs will be cut and heated in beans doctored up with mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, onions, a bit of molasses and some spices. Other meal will be hotdogs with onions and tomato over buttered small shells. NOW to decide which to make tonight. :ohmy:

Oh man, I would love to stop by for some beanie weanie!
I am making pancakes and sausage tonight because hubby had some dental work done, and will like having the soft foods. :neutral:

i think it's killing several of us, pac. or i'm just really hungry.:yum:

I'm tasting bits of it now, but I'm still unsure of what it is. I hate to backtrack all the dinner threads. I smell smoked meat in there. And maybe something that looks like diced jalapenos or scallions. There really isn't much of a sauce at all. Mostly meat with the texture of meatloaf or meatballs... if it wasn't for the pink bits (like smoked something).

At this point it doesn't matter much to me either. If it doesn't go on pasta, I'll toss the pasta with some butter and garlic and eat whatever this is with a spoon :LOL:
OK, I'm going in.

Don't feel like cooking. I don't even have the umph to heat some frozen meatballs in jarred pasta sauce and boil pasta. So, Stirling is ordering pizza for us.
The pizza place seems really busy. Stirling kept getting a busy signal or no answer. We have ordered pita and giro from a place we haven't ordered from before. Wish us luck. :LOL:

I'm tasting bits of it now, but I'm still unsure of what it is. I hate to backtrack all the dinner threads. I smell smoked meat in there. And maybe something that looks like diced jalapenos or scallions. There really isn't much of a sauce at all. Mostly meat with the texture of meatloaf or meatballs... if it wasn't for the pink bits (like smoked something).

At this point it doesn't matter much to me either. If it doesn't go on pasta, I'll toss the pasta with some butter and garlic and eat whatever this is with a spoon :LOL:
OK, I'm going in.

Can't wait to see what it is. Maybe you should take a picture for us. Hurry, before you eat it all!

The pizza place seems really busy. Stirling kept getting a busy signal or no answer. We have ordered pita and giro from a place we haven't ordered from before. Wish us luck. :LOL:

I hope it is good. Monday isn't usually a big pizza night around here, unless there is football.

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe:
BBC - Food - Recipes : Bresse chicken with red wine vinegar

I don't have an actual Bresse chicken (this is a breed sometimes known as "blue-footed chicken"), so I'm using a regular free-range bird.

This recipe came out really good. The best part is there are whole cloves of caramelized garlic in a balsamic reduction. It was kind of putzy, but worth the work.

img_1229220_0_f88210659d455c8682be4d6deece93f1.jpg

Sorry, no pic :(
I still don't know what exactly it was I had made and frozen, but it wasn't half bad. I decided the best pasta this was to be mixed with was the elusive, often misunderstood SPIRAL pasta :LOL:
If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you'll know where I am.

You guys are lucky. Pizza places aren't open here Mondays.

I hope it is good. Monday isn't usually a big pizza night around here, unless there is football.
Yeah, I hope it doesn't mean they have closed.

The souvlaki and giro were quite good. We will order from them again. Especially since Arahova (was our favourite) closed out here. It's a small family owned chain in the Montreal area.

Most of tge momand pop pizza places are closed here on mondays too.. but theres papa johns and such if you are in a pinch... Left over ribs with fried taters and baked beans..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130114_213915.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130114_213915.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 162
wow. pizza places that all close on the same day? you'd think someone would open one that takes tuesday off or something. where's ol' papa john and his weird head bob when we need him? better ingredients, better pizza <<head bob>> papa johns. it's turret's like.

steve, that does look good. i remember when blue footed chickens were all the rage a decade or so ago, and how they were supposedly smuggled out of france for breeding in canada and america.

Don't need no imported french hens here. Blue footed chickens would be normal and the farmer would be frowned upon for not herding the flock into the chicken coop at night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom