Dinner Monday 18th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we had a beef pasta with sundried tomatoes and some fresh crusty continental bread :)

I'm making haddock with a crispy coating, sweet potatoes baked skin on with chilli and lime butter and a steamed medley of veggies.

We had the beef pasta last night Kylie lol!

Just finished baking the sweet potatoes. Imagine my surprise when I decided to mash them and add a hint of sugar and butter and tasted that my sweet potatoes were potatoes with purple skins! Aargh!!!!

went to an art opening yesterday afternoon and ended up at my sisters' for dinner...so it's the first serving of the pot of ham and beans

Lots of corned beef and cabbage left. I may heat up a yellow fin tuna patty and go lighter.

We just had salads. :(

Mind you they contained:
- broccoli slaw with shaved brussel sprouts, kale, and lots of other good roughage!
- baby spinach and baby romaine
- matchstick carrots
- tomatoes, cucumbers, red and green onion
- avocado
- bacon
- shrimp done in clarified garlic butter
- dried cranberries and raw pumpkin seeds
- a small drizzle of poppyseed dressing for me
- a few sprinkles of vinaigrette for TB

:angel:

I have boneless chicken thighs (and a bunch of bones to make into stock). Not sure what I'm going to do with them, yet...but I'm thinking BUTTERED CHICKEN!

Very simple dinner tonight: tuna melts and sweet potato fries.
Well, I nixed the tuna melts and instead decided to wing it and make a tuna casserole. First I boiled up a package of macaroni noodles until just barely al dente, then added in the tuna and a small bag of frozen peas. While the noodles were cooking I made a white wine cream sauce and stirred in some cheese odds and ends from the fridge. The whole thing was topped with Panko topping. For not having a recipe, it really came out nice. Kind of a childhood comfort food thing. :yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom