Dinner Monday 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Whats everyone having today? I still have yet to decide. I'm in the mood for soup so I'm going to go search the forum to see what inspires me.

Stirfry!

I not know whats got into me at the moment, maybe its reflecting spring, but all I want all the time is veg, but its too cold for serious salad eating yet, so another stirfry it is. We had it twice last week as well. I haven't eaten so much stirfry since I was a student. I am thinking that if this continues I am going to have to start messing with some more complicated flavours before DH gets too bored: I am craving it soimply though and just using a lot of grated ginger and a little soy.

Lulu, I craved veggies when I was expecting...do you have some news you want to share??? ;) Just teasing you a bit sweetie.

Tonight is Mediterannean Herb Roasted chicken with potatoes, red peppers and zucchini. I'll also make another garlicky salad. I think we will just have some of the cookies I have been baking for dessert unless I get creative and whip something else up. I have to say I have a craving for chocolate pudding, warm from the pot, with chocolate chips melting on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

ROFL, when I do you'll all know about it! I had a hope last month, but no, not yet....che sera sera, no plans, but no not plans....and if its vegetables I crave I'll be thrilled!!!!

DARN! :)

I should mention the veggie thing was with the first one, the second one I craved chocolate covered doughnuts. :LOL: Do I need to tell you which one is the healthy eater and which is the junk food addict? LOL.

I have to say though, your post got me thinking I didn't get enough stir fry the last tiem I made it. Now I want some more, but its too soon for the rest of my family. Phooey.

Picked up some beautiful french rols, will slice in half the long way warm them then fill with Italian sausages,red and yellow,bell peppers,sliced onions and garlic and have sausage and pepper sammies..Have a red shredded cabbage salad with carrots and red onion and a ginger vinegrette, with lime juice,rice vinegar,garlic a pinch of pepper flakes Chinese mustard, toasted sesame oil, sugar,cilantro, salt,pepper and toasted sesame seeds. Just popped a cobbler into the oven for dessert.

kadesma:)

My goodness, that sounds good too Kadesma....I want everything I read today...what a great mid week meal. I am putting it on next weeks list this minute!

Alix said:
Lulu, I craved veggies when I was expecting...do you have some news you want to share??? ;) Just teasing you a bit sweetie.

Tonight is Mediterannean Herb Roasted chicken with potatoes, red peppers and zucchini. I'll also make another garlicky salad. I think we will just have some of the cookies I have been baking for dessert unless I get creative and whip something else up. I have to say I have a craving for chocolate pudding, warm from the pot, with chocolate chips melting on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

:LOL: I had to reread lulu's first post because I thought I'd missed something. Shame on you Alix for making me sit straight up....:LOL:

kadesma said:
Picked up some beautiful french rols, will slice in half the long way warm them then fill with Italian sausages,red and yellow,bell peppers,sliced onions and garlic and have sausage and pepper sammies..Have a red shredded cabbage salad with carrots and red onion and a ginger vinegrette, with lime juice,rice vinegar,garlic a pinch of pepper flakes Chinese mustard, toasted sesame oil, sugar,cilantro, salt,pepper and toasted sesame seeds. Just popped a cobbler into the oven for dessert.

kadesma:)

Ohhhhh I love italian sausage and peppers. This is something we always get at an outing that has food vendors. I don't make it often enough here and I need to remember to do so.

Clean out the fridge night!
1 beef kosher hot dog with mustard and onion, 2 pc of leftover pepperoni pizza, 1/2 container of leftover tasteless frozen corn and whatever else I find in the bottom of the fridge:rolleyes:
On the plus side though I'm starting a loaf of bread tonight for tommorows dinner:)

Pan seared NY strip steaks smothered in thinly-sliced onions along with my Cobb-style potato salad which has hard boiled eggs, bacon and blue cheese mixed in.

a Pizza, same routine, plenty cheese, peppers and peperoni only with Anchovies and olives on my half as well :)

lulu said:
My goodness, that sounds good too Kadesma....I want everything I read today...what a great mid week meal. I am putting it on next weeks list this minute!
Thanks Lulu,
it's noting fancy, but it's tasty and filling and above all easy..Our Olivia is getting a new tooth and is insisting on being held today. That makes it kind of hard to zip around the kitchen:LOL:

kadesma

Last edited:
SizzlininIN said:
:LOL: I had to reread lulu's first post because I thought I'd missed something. Shame on you Alix for making me sit straight up....:LOL:

OOPS! Sorry Sizz! Didn't mean to get you all excited for nothing.

I made a lamb stew over the weekend and I think that I will have that for my dinner tonight. Instead of a salad I will have sliced tomatoes.

Leftovers from last night ... McRib ala Chef R & stovetop Kettle Corn.

a freezer full of dinner ideas. so I made brown rice, tender meat in gravy, and au gratin brussels sprouts. so good, wish he was here to join me:huh: .[
dh still isn't home and won't be for a couple of hours.
I have to go to bed so dinner for him will be Micky D's.
he'll have tomorrow night what I made for tonight].
tomorrow night, it's San Francisco for this lass.
boring as it sounds, bet I end up at Cheesecake Factory so I can have their Chinese Chicken salad. so good...:-p

Back
Top Bottom