Dinner Plans 01-02-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eggs Benedict - sorta

PF & Steve, this is for you: We had poached eggs on steamed artichoke bottoms with a drift of crab and Hollandaise sauce. It was really awesome and will resurface in 2015!

Kayelle, we're happy all went well! Hope you are mended soon.

~Kathleen

Attachments

• 2015-01-02 18.47.53.jpg
    2015-01-02 18.47.53.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Another gloomy day so I rounded up some meaty country-style pork ribs. I sauteed some onions and garlic, then added the salt-and-peppered ribs and browned them. Put a slosh of chicken broth in after the ribs were browned, turned the heat down and let them get happy in the skillet for about 45 minutes. We had steamed Italian green beans (from last summer's garden) and corn-off-the-cob (from last summer's garden), iced tea, and the last of the eggnog ice cream for dessert. We were happy.

The tortellini, sausage soup mentioned in the soup thread a few days ago. We used the sausage we mixed up today and will stuff tomorrow.

PF & Steve, this is for you: We had poached eggs on steamed artichoke bottoms with a drift of crab and Hollandaise sauce. It was really awesome and will resurface in 2015!

~Kathleen

Oh my! That makes my tummy growl!!

Every time I look into the freezer I come up with empty hands. At this rate I'm guessing I'll be making chili. Always a winner with Himself.
Looks like the chili will be in a day or two. I took a packet of ground beef from the freezer to defrost, then went down the basement to get chilies and beans. Spied a jar of alfredo sauce, something I use as a base for a white pasta sauce, and thought I'd do it up with sauteed fresh mushrooms that I had. Brought up the sauce and a bag of TJ's papparadelle. A bit later, Himself and I were watching the news. An ad comes on (turns out it was for Tums, but I hadn't a clue at the time) and in it is a huge Reuben sandwich following a couple. Dang, now I want a Reuben.

We had to go out for a couple things anyway. Got a loaf of rye bread and some corned beef. Reuben panini for dinner it was! :LOL: Chili and mushroom alfredo pasta will be appearing in these threads soon...;)

~Kathleen

That looks wonderful Kathleen. I think some hollandaise is in our future and I have canadian bacon.

Back
Top Bottom