Dinner Plans Monday June 10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the first time in what seems like weeks, it's actually sunny and warm. I decided to scrap an earlier roasted chicken idea and instead do it on the grill. We'll probably also have potatoes and asparagus.
What a beautiful day! Today was probably only the second time this year it's been warm enough to eat outdoors.

Oh... the chicken came out pretty good, too. :chef:

img_1273857_0_526f8f96951600390429e57a4eda9719.jpg

SO brought home a freebie box of whole wheat penne and asked if I'd eat it. I said it was worth a try and I would make a quick sauce to go with it for tonight's dinner.

I decided to make a puttanesca sauce w/o capers as I don't care for them. I'll sub some pickled pepperoncini bits instead.

howd'ya like the whole wheat penne? what brand was it?

i've tried a few (against my will) and really have only like bionaturae brand. most others taste so grainy.

yeah, i've tried ronzoni ww pasta, and agree.

my dinner tonight will probably be a "balboa", or a nyc version of a cheesesteak: butter sauteed roast beast on garlic bread with onions and american cheese.

yeah, i've tried ronzoni ww pasta, and agree.

my dinner tonight will probably be a "balboa", or a nyc version of a cheesesteak: butter sauteed roast beast on garlic bread with onions and american cheese.

Sounds good but I'd opt for provolone.

Cooked up the smoked pork chops I picked up as I headed out to get our guest Friday. Never got the chance to use them (they were really a back-up plan anyway) so we had them today with the nicest fresh green beans I've had in a while. :yum: Can't beat the one-pan thingy either. Sear chops, dump raw beans in with some water, slap a lid on it and simmer until beans are done. Even though we usually end up with a leftover chop there are never any beans...and I buy 2# each time.

I ate so healthily tonight - Mega salad with green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, sweet onion, carrots, navy beans, mushrooms, etc. with a Dijon vinaigrette. Lowfat crackers on the side. An hour later I had fresh corn. But.... I just couldn't stand it - I needed something decadent - something intensely chocolately. I kept resisting and resisting and resisting... until.... I just had to give in. I ate a homemade, fudgy brownie right out of the freezer - it was soooo freakin' deeeelicious.

Last edited:
merstar, chocolate isn't decadent! It's practically a health food! Well, at least that's my interpretation of this information from the Cleveland Clinic, the number one hospital in coronary care in many years and choice of many middle eastern sheiks.

Hey, Cooking Goddess, how about it's decadent AND a health food?! It makes me feel good - it makes me happy - so it has to be healthy!

Last edited:
Hey, Cooking Goddess, how about it's decadent AND a health food?! It makes me feel good - it makes me happy - so it has to be healthy!

Same here! I've been telling people as long as chocolate is available for sale I'll never need Prozac. Just give me the foodie equivalent of serotonin! :LOL: If it's a really bad day it doesn't hurt to follow chocolate with a red wine chaser. ;)

Chocolate and Mood Disorders

What kind of dry rub do you use for your pork tenderloin?!

A lot of sweet paprika and onion salt. I also put slivers of garlic in it.
It was OK. I prefer them either stuffed or with some kind of lime juice marinade.

Back
Top Bottom