Dinner Sunday, Nov 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting to see if I need to transfer my chicken from my smoker to my grill. For some reason the temp isn't climbing near as fast as it has before, and it's not really that cold here either. Upper thirties maybe. So if anything I'll just be adding a bit of smoke taste to it, along with the ABTs, but I was really looking forward to cooking it with lump charcoal to see if I notice a difference from cooking it on the gasser.
And can you believe they (Perdue) forgot the giblets!? I had a recipe printed out and everything. And had harboiled some eggs.
I'm blaming everything on it getting dark outside so quickly.

it was cold and howling winds today so I made tortilla chicken soup. Hubby has caught a cold so he needed something spicy to open up his sinuses yet comfort food like a chicken soup so that is what I came up with. I was able to use up the leftover jerk chicken breast from the other night, and added some extra garlic.

If he wants supper later, he'll get a cheesy grilled quesadilla. (tex-mex version of the grilled cheese sandwich)

I'm waiting to see if I need to transfer my chicken from my smoker to my grill. For some reason the temp isn't climbing near as fast as it has before, and it's not really that cold here either. Upper thirties maybe. So if anything I'll just be adding a bit of smoke taste to it, along with the ABTs, but I was really looking forward to cooking it with lump charcoal to see if I notice a difference from cooking it on the gasser.
And can you believe they (Perdue) forgot the giblets!? I had a recipe printed out and everything. And had harboiled some eggs.
I'm blaming everything on it getting dark outside so quickly.

Sounds like a three finger evening to me (three fingers of cheap whiskey) :LOL:. Yep, blame the darkness...it can't fight back!:LOL:

My dinner all came together great, and there was no walleye left. I think I need to get a different large serving bowl. The old large serving bowl had a disagreement with the floor, and the floor won. Just never think about it when I'm in the store. Gotta write it down to remember it anymore.

img_735724_0_d4da8d8fc2c3b130978f28fffc89df46.jpg

It's been rainy all day, so I never did go grocery shopping. Will send DH tomorrow ;) I ended up making porcupine meatballs with tomato sauce I made from garden tomatoes; will serve that with mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls. Thanks for the thread a few days ago, PieSusan :)

I ended up trying this recipe because I had all ingredients on hand

Easy Corn Chowder I - Allrecipes

turned out pretty good, I added some mont jack cheese at the end. I would make this again, it is minimal effort compared to the usual corn chowder recipe I use.

I also had a big glass of red wine, so I got it all handled.

I'm still in re-entry phase from my trip to Atlanta. On son sent me home with lots and lots of leftover turkey and I came home with some of my lime/pineapple gelatin salad and pumpkin pie. At one son's house I traded pumpkin pie for pecan pie, so I have a choice of desserts.

I had some turkey gravy in the freezer, so the plan is to reheat the leftover turkey with some of the gravy, make mashed potatoes, have some buttered peas and eat a small piece of pumpkin pie for dessert.

Not the same as cooking a turkey for Buck, which he dearly loved.

I just transferred everything over to the Ducane. The WSM got up to 300F for an hour, but the chicken looks like crap and it was on for a little over 2 hours. I could have been eating already it I had started out on the grill. The ABTs look good though... on one side. Yeah, the chicken looks weird alright. I'm hoping the grill will bring it back to life, so to speak :^)

Roasted cornish hen with rosemary, roasted brussel sprouts, and a pasta of some sort to keep DH happy!

Even though it was raining like crazy, I made: Grilled terriyaki shrimp, pineapple and red onion skewers with grilled asparagus and Chardonnay. I couldn't believe how every ingredient complimented the other. I could have easily made grilled asparagus and pineapple skewers, etc. and it would have worked!

I did "kick up" the terriyaki though. :chef:

Wow jeeks thats dedication... I assume your weather is like mine... meaning NASTY

I reheated some of the TG Lasagna & Meatballs very comforting/easy

Couldn't help it Pancho, it's been too long since I fired up the grill. I did get a little wet though, lol.

Horseradish crusted pork loin roast with roasted potatoes and broccoli cheese casserole... I don't recall ever having a pork loin roast before, but was absolutely delicious! It was some of the best pork I've ever eaten...

had another thanksgiving meal at my granddaughters house, her so and his family . my daughter, granddaughter and i were one group. my oldest gd and her guy and her step-mother, and a friend were all there. fifteen or twenty people . three turkey, one smoked, one fried,and another one roasted. had ham as well. all the usual sides. hot buttery rolls. many many different desserts. i ate way to much but had a great time. lots of chit chat around a fire bowl. a good time.

Okay, I wasn't in the mood for popcorn, didn't feel like cooking just for myself so I make something my culinary instructors would cringe over, but is one of my "secret" favourites. I cooked some macaroni, melted some Cheese Whiz and butter in the microwave, put it together and voila! Supper.

My beer can chicken (and ABTs) finished up nicely on the grill, in spite of the slow start on the smoker. Very moist with just a hint of hickory.

Back
Top Bottom