Dinner Thursday 17th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled Tuscan chicken breasts with spaghetti pesto. Yes, Pac, there will be garlic bread again ;) (at least for TB). I will have salad.

Made lots of soup with mushrooms, zucchini, squash, kale, split peas, white beans, carrots, celery, garlic, fresh herbs, onion, red quinoa, vegetable stock and fresh juiced carrots.

The last bowl of frozen split pea soup, And a grilled cheese sandwich spread with a little pesto, also from the freezer. Freezer meals-- Yay

Along with the pot roast I'm going to make the Quick and Easy Tortilla Soup. I'm just not in a pot roast mood. Everyone can pick which ever they want (or both as my husband will most likely do.)

We got another United Way fundraiser takehome dinner, obviously not put together by a dietician. Beef and noodles, mashed potatoes with butter and cream, and Jello cake. MP will go directly into the freezer, probably to be joined soon by most of the rest. OK, I may have a tiny bit of Jello cake...heaven forbid, it's topped with 2 inches of whipped cream....

Last edited:
Pulled some turkey noodle soup out of the freezer... Will have grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches too...

My dinner is on hold. I'm still quite full from today's earlier pizza.

I have some pork braising away in the oven to try a new carnitas recipe that caught my eye. It's smelling mighty good and I am eyeing my timer impatiently so I can get it finished up.

I also found the cutest little corn tortillas, about 3 inches in diameter, that I'm using to make our tacos which are going to be topped in the most simple of ways: squeeze of lime, finely chopped white onion and a bit of cilantro. I have some left-over quinoa with black beans to round things out.

You really can't go wrong with garlic bread ;)

Well, my pesto sauce has enough garlic in it to keep the vampires at bay for a month. :LOL:

Actually this time around it was pistou (the French version) as I didn't realize I was out of pine nuts. The rest - olive oil, basil, garlic and Parmesan.

i decided to test the subway "less than a" footlong theory and got a tuna footlong on 9 grain honey oat bread with onions, hot peppers, vinegar peppers, cucumbers, and extra spinach. a side of low sodium potato chips and a big diet coke to offset the 1000 calorie sandwich. :pig:

it measured 11 and 7/8 inches, so i'm going to write the company for a refund, lol.

Back
Top Bottom