Dinner Wed. March 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
posting again: (thanks, mudbug)-
chose to stick with pork tenderloin with chix stock roasted till my stock was au sec, also nested spinach fettucine with kalamatas/sun-driedtomatoes, & oliveoil, & possibly a contrasting veggie, taste-wise & color-wise, etcetera.

Last edited:
well, I'd love to say that I know, but I'd be lyin to ya.:neutral:
the man of my dreams is STILL sick. gad, when will this end?
he says now it's the flu that he has. uff da.:rolleyes:
so, he's already told me that dinner will be sans him tonight.
I got a good buy on ground chicken breast so I'm thinkin of a batch of legal burgers made with it [for me] with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and any other veggie sandwich stuff that I can come up with. sliced grapefruit, navel oranges, apples and strawberry's too.

I'm saving the dinner from last night for when the man feels better.
used it for his "take to work lunch today"/aka/"brown bag", but I was getting blood work done this morning, he called said he didn't take it to work but rather put it back in the frig for when he felt better. food doesn't begin to sound good to him.

so, it's solo meal for this gal tonight:wacko:

Last edited:
Nothing, had a banana and some hot chocolate..which i made from scratch :eek:), milk, galaxy chocolate, a little bit of orange juice and cinnamon, next time i shall try with some condensed milk :eek:)

orange juice, Shama? Do tell. A bit of cinnamon makes it Mexican hot choc where I come from, but this would be a new taste sensation.

Proportions, please.

We put a couple of corned beef briskets in the crock pot with a beer this morning, and they are smelling fantastic! Kim's cutting up a couple of cabbages now...once the meat is done, I'll take it out and let it stand while the cabbage and a few baby carrots cook in the juices. (Kim doesn't like his meat adulterated by the cabbage.)
After the meat cools, he's going to refrigerate it for a while, so it will be easier to slice. I may just rip a chunk off the end of one of the briskets and shred it up to go in my cabbage.

I had a mozerella lovers bacon cheeseburger, fries, & a vanilla frosty from Wendy's. It was kids choice since we were eating with my parents before church.

We had chili, though this time I made it too hot for my liking, so I ended up eating leftovers.

Yesterday Safeway had their own line of organic frozen raviolis on sale, so I bought a bag of the "Wild Mushroom & Cheese". Cooked it up & gently tossed it with half-&-half butter & extra-virgin olive oil, & served it with a mixed baby green salad with walnuts & blue-cheese vinegarette dressing.

mudbug said:
orange juice, Shama? Do tell. A bit of cinnamon makes it Mexican hot choc where I come from, but this would be a new taste sensation.

Proportions, please.

Erm... well im not very good with proportions! :ROFLMAO: lol but i THINK i used around about this much.. you could always add less or more according to your taste ;)

Half the juice from an orange
Half teaspoon cinnamon
Half chocolate bar lol, i used galaxy! :rolleyes:
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon condensed milk (i really think i should have used a LOT more..)
1 tablespoon maple syrup

I put it all in a cup and filled with milk to top it up and then melted it all in a pan then back in my cup!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom