Friday 12/16/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well hopefully it will be pot roast (with mushrooms), mashed potatoes and steamed baby spinach.

I'm going to stop off at the store on the way home and pick up ingredients for chili. We're supposed to get a big snow storm this weekend, and chili always seems to hit the spot on those days when one has to "hunker down."

I took a chunk of ham out of the freezer, and have a bag of dried pinto beans, so thinking ham and bean soup. Quick soak method for the beans.

Last edited:
While out Christmas shopping, I picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco. That's for dinner along with some pilaf and a veggie/salad.

Ok pot roast is in the instantpot doing its thing. Smelling good already.

Wish I could make chili, but my Mom can't handle the spices or the tomatoes. My Dad won't give white chili a try. So no chili here for the two of them.

Maybe Beth means carrots with an orange-y type sauce? Could be wrong though. I love orange with carrots. :yum:

I have Tyler until 5:30 this evening....today was the last day of school for the 3 week winter break. :ohmy: I'm thinking of ordering a pizza and wings for a late afternoon dinner for us and we'll just pig out on that. :D :)

We had a tapas meal tonight. I've been putting off making this meal all week, even though it was my idea, because of how long it always takes to make tapas.

Roasted stuffed red and yellow bell pepper wedges. Stuffing is currants rehydrated in sherry, garlic, tomato, anchovies, olives, saffron, bread crumbs.

37240-albums1041-picture6768.jpg

Shrimp and the chaurice Craig made over T-day weekend, onion, garlic, sherry, served over very thin toast pieces.

37240-albums1041-picture6767.jpg

Brussel sprouts with criminis, bacon, onions, garlic, sherry, cream.
37240-albums1041-picture6766.jpg

We both really liked the second two. The peppers were good, but kind of a take it or leave it dish.

Maybe Beth means carrots with an orange-y type sauce? Could be wrong though. I love orange with carrots. :yum:

I have Tyler until 5:30 this evening....today was the last day of school for the 3 week winter break. :ohmy: I'm thinking of ordering a pizza and wings for a late afternoon dinner for us and we'll just pig out on that. :D :)

I wish DH would eat carrots as a side; I would love to make something like orange curried carrots :yum: But he will only eat them if they're cut small and mixed in with something else.

Mexican Hash! I'm still working through the freezer. Defrosted some cooked chicken breasts and homemade tomato-jalapeño salsa. I'll combine those with sautéed garlic, bell peppers and red onion, and diced leftover roasted fingerling potatoes, seasoned with Penzeys Southwest Seasoning. Then I'll top it all with shredded cheddar, pickled red onions and sour cream and see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom