It's Siete de Mayo! What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'll be grilling some burgers today and trying some Extra Crispy Tater Tots and a salad for dinner tonight.

What are your plans?

Last edited by a moderator:
After a couple of days of very cheesy chiles rellenos casserole dinners :pig: , I'm going to have a salad with lots of chopped veggies this afternoon. A large glass or two of iced tea with lemon to go with it.

(Actually it's Siete de Mayo :mrgreen:)

Went to our favorite Thai restaurant for lunch with my sister who's visiting. Having leftover pineapple fried rice tonight.

It's a really good restaurant, but they're going out of business soon. The ongoing road construction here was the nail in the coffin :(

Is this the May 7th dinner thread? Seven - siete (see-yet-eh)

I have a chuck roast cooking.

Last edited:
I'm leaning toward a burger with fries myself. It should a good evening for grilling -- it's 93F now, but should cool off as the sun sets.

Oh, that would be "la hamburguesa con papas fritas.";)

CD

My bad. I had a lapse and made it the sixth instead of the seventh.

Sure would be nice if a mod could change seis to siete.

Last night was grilled rib eyes, so tonight will be sliced rare steak on toasted bolillo rolls with all the fixin's...butter lettuce/tomato/red onion. Guacamole and chips on the side along with the last of the Southwestern black bean and corn salad. Tajin' seasoned fresh pineapple spears for dessert. Ole':zorro:

Last edited:
When I woke up today, not one body part hurt! :w00t: Apparently, broasted chicken and jojo potatoes are the new miracle drug. :LOL: Dinner got fancy tonight. Mixed greens salads first (spinach, watercress, baby lettuces). Himself had the standard garden veggies in his, while I had blueberries, strawberries, almond slices and feta cheese in mine. Main course was all oven roasted and Greek inspired: pork tenderloin with Spice House Greek Seasoning; baby potatoes with preserved lemon and fresh rosemary; red grapes with fresh grated nutmeg and honey. I washed mine down with my latest "thing", fruit water. Today's had sliced strawberries and bruised mint. Dessert will be the sweet sounds of the Cavaliers post-game show, as they appear to be moving on to the NBA East finals...unless I've jinxed them :ermm: and something dramatic occurs in the final quarter.

Attachments

• 20180507_212911.jpg
    20180507_212911.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 118
I taught my wife to make Chicken Jalfrezi over rice with naan. It was delicious.

You cut chicken into chunks, brown in grapeseed oil, add sliced oninos and a jar of Sharwood's Jalfrezi sauce, and simmer for about a minute more.

Make rice, toast naan, serve Jalfrezi over rice with naan.

I am an excellent teacher. :cool: Lol, only toast is easier.

(but seriously, the whole dinner was done in about 20 minutes, and cost about $6 per serving vs. $15 to $20 per person from a Bangladeshi restaurant)

I stopped at Wonderful House Restaurant after shopping and had Beef Broccoli, egg roll, fried rice, fortune cookie and hot Jasmine Tea. Brought half of it home. I'm stuffed.

Last night was chuck roast, whipped white and red potatoes and baby bella mushroom and onion gravy cooked in the Instant Pot. Microwave steamed baby spinach.

chuck_roast_050718_IMG_4139.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom