Monday 3/13/17 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cole slaw, brussel sprouts w/butter garlic salt. Corned beef with mustard.
DH is picking up some doritos and then I'll deep fry some cheese curds that I made yesterday in a doritos nacho cheese flavored crumbs--have to try it, first thing in the morning. That's going to be some cheesy goodness.

Your dinner looks great Steve, and we need to see new kitchen pictures to check out your new toys!
Sure, I'll plan to post some photos after the coming weekend. I have two more pieces being delivered later this week: a wall mounted pot rack and butcher block side table. Then I need to be done with the kitchen for a while.

I wish I could afford to replace the flooring and counter tops, but unfortunately, it's not in the budget until after the summer is over. I've got a garage to build first.

Last edited:
MsM and Dawg....I wish I could send you some potato salad, I made a boatload! Between me and the neighbors, I'll have to take another bowl of it over to my brother. :LOL:

A light sprinkling of Penzey's Spanish smoked paprika really puts it over the top. Love that stuff. :yum:

MsM, stuffed artichokes sounds really good. I haven't done them that way in way too long.

When I make a big batch of tater salad, I keep it in the fridge and eat it a little at a time for days. I can make a lunch out of just tater salad. I put bacon in mine, so the meat element is covered. Ever tried tater salad lettuce cups? It works!

CD

Sure, I'll plan to post some photos after the coming weekend. I have two more pieces being delivered later this week: a wall mounted pot rack and butcher block side table. Then I need to be done with the kitchen for a while.

I wish I could afford to replace the flooring and counter tops, but unfortunately, it's not in the budget until after the summer is over. I've got a garage to build first.

Looking forward to those pics Steve. Your jewel of a vintage house fascinates me, and I'm so glad it's yours, if it can't be mine.

Last edited:
Well, my tater salad lettuce cups post got me thinking. I just happened to have some lettuce that I really need to eat now, or waste. I just whipped up some tuna salad, that is chilling in the fridge now. Tuna salad lettuce cups it is.

CD

When I make a big batch of tater salad, I keep it in the fridge and eat it a little at a time for days. I can make a lunch out of just tater salad. I put bacon in mine, so the meat element is covered. Ever tried tater salad lettuce cups? It works!

CD

Yep CD, I enjoy a little scoop of 'tater salad as a side, but when I make it it's usually with the plan of sharing it. It's hard for me to make a small amount. :LOL: Once it starts getting watery from the celery and onions on around the third day, I'm done with it.

I too usually add chopped bacon (and sometimes chopped black olives), but I was out and didn't feel like getting real clothes on and going to the store. :ROFLMAO:

I have a head cold...didn't feel liking being in the kitchen at all, but the Elders have to eat. I threw a couple of chicken breasts in the pressure cooker with mushrooms, green peppers, onion, garlic, and canned tomatoes. Made pasta, garlic bread, and side salads. Got it all done in under 20 minutes. I really like using a pressure cooker on days when I don't feel like cooking. No idea what's up for later today (Tuesday). I might have to fall back to meatloaf.

Last edited:
After my baking disaster today, I wasn't in the mood to be in the kitchen. I riffed on a recipe I had made a month or two ago, only with a bunch of different ingredients. Ended up with a pan full of Italian sausage, bowtie pasta, cremini mushrooms, escarole, red onions, chicken broth. Forgot the splash of red wine vinegar and the red pepper flakes at the end, but we enjoyed it anyway. Bonus: we used up the baguette I had bought before it got moldy or broke a tooth. :LOL:

Craig made osso bucco. That's a small plate BTW, not a dinner plate.

picture.php

This was dinner Instant Pot Individual Crustless Quiche (bacon, chives, Swiss and cheddar cheese)

img_1502679_0_4be24cafa6edd75a6d6592ff3b5547c3.jpg

First run Lemon curd turned out wonderful.

img_1502679_1_caa56c1c7662d0c08e7b4aca670cdae6.jpg

This was dinner Instant Pot Individual Crustless Quiche (bacon, chives, Swiss and cheddar cheese)

First run Lemon curd turned out wonderful.

Not sure what happened with Photobucket. Here are the pictures again.

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

Back
Top Bottom