Poll: Your favorite Crock Pot Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite Crock Pot/Slow Cooker meal?

• Glazed Pork with onions and apples

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicken Cacciatore

• Mexican style chicken (to be used with tortillas)

• Dessert! (Just add Vanilla Ice Cream and serve!)

• Total voters
jkath, my Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese is VERY similar but NOT quite so I'm posting mine as well, difference is the amount of cheese from what I can tell:

Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

1 8 oz box large macaroni
1 stick of butter
3 cups sharp (New York Sharp) cheddar cheese
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 ½ cups homogenized milk (whole is best)
2 eggs
salt
pepper

Grease crock pot or spray with Pam. Cook macaroni in salted water and drain. Pour into crock pot. While still hot, add butter and cheese and stir. Add homogenized milk and stir. Beat eggs and add evaporated milk to the eggs. Add this to macaroni mixture. Can sprinkle top with grated cheese.

Cook on low for three hours. DO NOT open lid during this time.

This was given to me by one of the members of McCarter Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Greenville, SC where I was married.

Liz

im doing a crockpot meal tonight... it is a family members birthday and he said that he wanted "chicken and rice cooked together so that the chicken flavors the rice"... LOL! so i immediately thought crockpot. i have two crockpots, and i am going to put into each pot... one chicken, cut into pieces, long grain brown rice, some sauteed garlic and celery, and for liquid a box of Imagine creamy mushroom soup and a box of Imagine creamy chicken (these are great, all natural ingredients, creamy but also non-dairy.. IMO miles better than those yucky cream of whatever cambells soups that these recipes often call for).

i have never tried any of the recipes in the poll other than beef stew... usually i use the crockpot to stew chicken or to cook dried beans.

I make my Italian beef in the crockpot. I just toss it in with a can of beer and a packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix. It's wonderful, and so easy.
I also make "barbeque" in the crockpot. I use boneless pork loin, a beer, and southwest seasoning. When it's falling apart, I shred it, add lots of Maul's BBQ sauce, and let it simmer some more. Kids love it.
When HB and I first got married, we had no stove for 6 months...just a grill, microwave, electric skillet and crockpot. I learned how to get the most out of my appliances!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom