"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Sat. supper..3/3/18

I'm doing my very first sous vide dinner. I've had the dang thing for a more than a year, and it's the first time outa the box.
Now that I have a reasonable way of searing a nice crust on meat with my new grill, I'm anxious to try out the powerful side burner that puts out 12,000 BTU.
Pictures of the completed tri tip to follow.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #2
Head Chef

I'm browning b/s chicken thighs in the CI skillet and finishing them in the oven with an orange glaze. Roasting asparagus and pilaf for sides..

Ross

Old 03-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
Head Chef

Slow cooker b/s chicken thighs in a peanut sauce, served over brown rice, nuked broc.
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm doing my very first sous vide dinner. I've had the dang thing for a more than a year, and it's the first time outa the box.
Now that I have a reasonable way of searing a nice crust on meat with my new grill, I'm anxious to try out the powerful side burner that puts out 12,000 BTU.
Looking forward to the post op review...

I'm just heating up some cabbage rolls and making some perogi with bacon and onions..salad..I always have to have salad...some times I eat it some times I don't...
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:43 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Good for you! I love mine, and my dad loves the one I got him for xmas. He's 85 and not a great cook, so he likes the predictable results.

I got some decent Gulf shrimp on sale, so I am going to fry some up. Some kind of rice on the side, or maybe red beans and rice. More later.

CD
Old 03-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #6
Master Chef

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28536728_10155200527442401_1020778978_n.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	29307  
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
Master Chef

Breakfast for dinner. Asparagus and mushroom omelet, 2 sausage patties, and a slice of toasted rye.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:15 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
OK...The bottom line, is I/we are convinced and it was great fun. Hey.. we are a cheap date. Well, kinda.
The details are I seasoned the fat trimmed 2.25 lb tri tip with kosher salt, fresh ground rainbow pepper/Penzey's roasted garlic granules/2 Tbs. soy sauce/ 1 scant Tbs. liquid smoke in a heavy zip locked bag, air displaced with water. Set the Anova it at 125 degrees and 4 hrs later it was ready.
I don't know how to post multiple pictures, so give me a minute..

The awesome burner..

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Wow, is that a pretty piece of meat, Kayelle.

We had some of the leftover soup. Well, I had leftover soup - the creamy chicken and wild rice one. Himself finished off the little piece of pork tenderloin that was from last week, made into a sandwich. First, though, he cleaned out a container of sushi he picked up at the grocery store as his reward for returning his bottles and cans from his pop. I don't mind buying that stuff at the store, but it's his job to return them for our deposit.

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:52 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Craig watched 1 of Andrew Zimmern's shows that featured Scotland, with Scottish meat pies being 1 of the featured dishes, so he came up with a ground beef filling with assorted veges. I made the pastry. Brussel sprouts with onion, bacon and balsamic for the side.

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supper