Supper : Monday 12th March.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the fridge is one of my favorite cominations, goat cheese, spinach and mushrooms. I might make pasta, I might make an omelette.

Dessert has two options:
Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream
Double Choc Torte (yes, we're still working at it, it's halfway gone) with strawberries & whipped cream.

Dinner for us was a Grill-a-thon:

Meat: Grilled pork chops seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning
Veggie: Grilled mushrooms and onions, seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, and sage.
Starch: Idaho potatoes, cut into large chunks, and wrapped in foil with a little margarine, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.

The chops, though thin, were perfectly cooked. We've been doing grilled mushrooms with a lot of stuff as work, so I decided to do some at home. They were great! The potatoes were a thing I used to do all the time, but haven't done recently. They were perfectly cooked as well.

PeppA love it. Her only complaint, was that I didn't cook enough grilled mushrooms.

Since the market had lovely large Poblano peppers, I bought 4 for my baked version of "Chilis Rellenos". Roasted & skinned them, then made a careful longitudinal slit & removed the seeds. I then stuffed them with a 1/2-&-1/2 mixture of grated sharp cheddar & Monterey Pepper Jack cheeses. Put a thin layer of canned red enchilada sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, laid the peppers in, & covered with the rest of the sauce. Baked for 15-20 minutes in a 350 oven & served atop a bed of commercial red beans & rice mix with a green salad alongside.

Back
Top Bottom