Thursday 12/1/11 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night's double coronary burger, which is basically a combination of Whiska's pan fried burger and Dawg's toasted cheese sammies... with other stuff in there, too :) Alongside some fried potatoes and onions.

oh pac, oh no you DIDn't! you know what a sucker i am for these thick cheesy burger bombs!:pig::)

I have had that before, and it's good! But, my fav's are Stouffer's and Red Baron frozen pizzas.
When they first came out the microwave crisping tray actually worked. They were nice and crispy. Now they come out soggy and rubbery. YUCK!!

When they first came out the microwave crisping tray actually worked. They were nice and crispy. Now they come out soggy and rubbery. YUCK!!
Hey, when I don't feel like cooking, that is better than nothin'! I'm not picky when it comes to pizza. When I was going to school, I lived on frozen pizza and ramen noodles. :ermm:

I have to make a homemade pizza this week, since I have all the stuff for it.

I have actually tried it--it is very good. I haven't had an "oops" with any of her recipes. Good luck--let us know what you think of it!
I didn't get around to making the Swiss Chard Tart until today (Sunday). I made the tart shell from scratch, which was probably more fussing around than was necessary. But it turned out really good. The photo probably doesn't do it justice:

img_1079765_0_7608ca561c0ef595a0467bb25480c40e.jpg

I didn't get around to making the Swiss Chard Tart until today (Sunday). I made the tart shell from scratch, which was probably more fussing around than was necessary. But it turned out really good. The photo probably doesn't do it justice:

img_1079880_0_7608ca561c0ef595a0467bb25480c40e.jpg

your swiss chard tart turned out absolutely gorgeous, steve--great crust!:)

img_1079894_0_7608ca561c0ef595a0467bb25480c40e.jpg
Yum, looks delicious! I've never had swiss chard before, but i'm sure I would like it!

Yum, looks delicious! I've never had swiss chard before, but i'm sure I would like it!
Thanks! Chard is delicious. It's almost like two vegetables in one. You can eat both the stalks and the leaves. The stalks have a texture like celery and a taste that is tart. I've heard the flavor compared to rhubarb or beets, and that's probably not too far off since they also contain oxalic acid. The leaves can become somewhat bitter as they get older, so look for chard that is bright and fresh in color, and with somewhat smaller, tender leaves.

Last edited:

img_1079916_0_7608ca561c0ef595a0467bb25480c40e.jpg
Beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom