What did you eat Saturday, March 16, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Linguine and Broccoli Aglio e Olio (Garlic and Olive Oil) topped with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses.

linguine_broccoli_031624_1_IMG_2463.jpg

We had lentil and veggies soup from a can. I gave it a squirt of lemon juice and it was really good. Thanks for the tip @Kathleen. Since it wasn't a lot of soup, we had egg salad sandwiches with that. The egg salad was a new-to-me recipe for a Polish style of egg salad made with cream cheese (except, I used homemade quark).

I didn't feel like doing much in the kitchen, after all that work outside (though I already had that bread started, and that didn't take that much to finish), so I got some leftover sambar from the freezer, about 1½ years old! It had some chicken in it, along with some eggplant and quinoa added to it. I still had one of those rotis I made with the sorghum flour, and some of that pickled pineapple I made a while ago, which were good side dishes.

I ordered a mushroom pizza and cinnamon twists from Domino's :whistling

My son was out with his friends for the evening and I didn't feel like cooking anything. I have enough cooking to do tomorrow for Sunday dinner, so tonight I took the easy way out.

I mixed up a batch of tuna salad for a big sandwich. Tuna, diced sweet onion, black pepper... and tuna salad is the ONE and only thing I make with Miracle Whip. I used a burger bun and some sliced dill pickles to make the sandwich. Some potato chips would have been nice, but I'm still a bit nervous about them causing a problem where I had the tooth removed last week. I see the dentist on Monday, and if he says it's okay, I'll start adding some crunchier foods back to my diet.

CD

We had lentil and veggies soup from a can. I gave it a squirt of lemon juice and it was really good. Thanks for the tip @Kathleen. Since it wasn't a lot of soup, we had egg salad sandwiches with that. The egg salad was a new-to-me recipe for a Polish style of egg salad made with cream cheese (except, I used homemade quark).
Would you mind posting your recipe for that? One of our exchange students asked me about that (in 1993! 😁) and I'm still not clear on exactly what it is. He wanted to make a cake with it.

Would you mind posting your recipe for that? One of our exchange students asked me about that (in 1993! 😁) and I'm still not clear on exactly what it is. He wanted to make a cake with it.
It's sort of like yogourt cheese, but with a different lactobacillus, a mesophillic one, rather than the thermophillic lactobacillus used for yogourt. I find it easier to make.

Here you go:

It's sort of like yogourt cheese, but with a different lactobacillus, a mesophillic one, rather than the thermophillic lactobacillus used for yogourt. I find it easier to make.

Here you go:
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom