Thursday 5-12 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tenatively, turkey burger although i really wanted arugula for that & i didn't wanna leave the line to get it. asparagus w/ porcini/truffle-infused oil. 'lil potatoes i got today. probably boiled or roasted. may roast the asparagus rather than thhose, though. we'll see, huh?

Attachments

• IMG_0886154.jpg
    IMG_0886154.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 187
I got some canned pink salmon yesterday, so I'm playing with the idea of a newberg type sauce with sherry and Parmesan with some sweet peas or green beans for color, maybe a little pimento for color too and serve over buttered egg noodles.

I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

I planned steak with corn and potatoes all on the grill, but Dad is not getting better and I may end up eating hospital food. Not sure yet and hoping we can forgo that for the moment.

Crab cakes with homemade tartar sauce and cole slaw and a 22 oz bottle of Sam Adams Boston Lager. Vanilla tapioca pudding if I wake up early enough after my after-dinner-nap and before sacking out for the night.

I planned steak with corn and potatoes all on the grill, but Dad is not getting better and I may end up eating hospital food. Not sure yet and hoping we can forgo that for the moment.

Aw bummer. Is that hospital food edible? I always try to bring something to eat and drink when I go to the emergency room. I'm not about to try to eat that vending machine :censored: while I wait. (yes, unfortunately, too much experience with ERs)

I'm going to throw together that one pot concoction tonight. Some of it is leftovers, some of it is fresh.

I made the Salmon Newberg (using the sweet peas). It was really good. The only thing I did extra was to add about a capful of lemon juice to the cleaned salmon, and about a teaspoon of dried dill.

It was good enough that I wrote down the recipe. I'll post it after I guess out the quantities of everything.

I had a 'when in doubt, throw it out' moment, so what started out as a stroganoff type dinner, turned into an impromptu mac & cheese dinner. I even had to start a new batch of onions and shrooms. What a waste :(

Attachments

• mac&cheese.jpg
    mac&cheese.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 154
Tonight is my Summer entry for the DC Four Seasons Challenge. Supper is later than usual tonight, but since James is taking a nap right now we will probably be up late again, so it all evens out. :LOL:

I agree. I need you to talk some sense into my wife. Just a couple of days ago I went out on a date, and boy, was she mad when I got home.:LOL: nyuk nyuk!

I couldn't figure out how to word that so it wouldn't be left open that way, without sounding stilted. :LOL:

I changed my mind the other night about a Bavarian dinner, so I did it tonight. DH sure had a kitchen full of pots and pans to deal with, but he said it was worth it. ;)

Pork Schnitzel, with a dill sour cream sauce, noodles with caramelized onion and cabbage, honey butter carrots.

img_999211_0_7e9eddad7c04906f02f172b03a0380c0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom