Wednesday 12/21/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ham steak either with eggs and potato and onion homefries or with mashed yellow and white potatoes and collard greens fried in the ham drippings.

I used to be able to find frozen turnip greens with pieces of turnip but now I can't find them anywhere. There is an over abundance of kale!! I can't even find frozen mustard greens. I'm amazed I found the collards. Everything has kale with it. I can't wait for the kale crazy to vanish. So I can have turnip greens with my ham again.

We didn't eat at home yesterday so we are having the tacos I was planning to serve then.

Actually, TB will have tacos and I a taco salad, heavy on the salad. :)

Pork ribs from last night.

img_1493004_0_d4461a7248c156c650f85da034d570f5.jpg

Tonight, we are having smoked turkey and andouille sausage gumbo over white rice. Karen is also doing the prep work for a Cuban corn pie (Tambor de Miaz) with, you guessed it roast turkey. All the smoked turkey is gone and there is just one package of roast turkey left. Guess I'll have to put the Horizon in service for a couple more turkeys. Might sneak a butt or two on as well.

Last edited:
We'll finish the kielbasa and sauerkraut from last night, plus the two lonely pierogi. I'm making homemade applesauce. I have wide noodles, I'll make a pan of fried noodles with the last of the cottage cheese. :yum: Haven't had that for a loooong time.

Hey, I love kale. I've loved it since before it was kool.

If lovin' kale is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'm on my way out the door to go shopping once more. Dinner will probably be at the mall food court.

I hope they have kale.

Hey, I love kale. I've loved it since before it was kool.

If lovin' kale is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'm on my way out the door to go shopping once more. Dinner will probably be at the mall food court.

I hope they have kale.

You may have my portion. They do make pretty decorative plants. Nice colors even in the winter. Pinks and purples.

She must hate you, Roch! How cold is it by you guys! ~ That being said, you're a gem of a guy.

You may have my portion. They do make pretty decorative plants. Nice colors even in the winter. Pinks and purples.
Himself says the green one looks like the plastic they used to use at salad bars to divide the different ingredients. :LOL:

Change of plans at Chez Goddess. Himself's condition really doesn't seem much better. Since we'll be here a few more days, I'm putting the kielbasa aside for tomorrow or Friday. Tonight will be slippery food, so it goes down for Himself before the cough starts up again. :LOL: Simple supper of scrambled eggs and ham, a little cheese, and a whole lot of something spicy to top Himself's eggs to kill his germs. I nabbed some Thomas' Cranberry English Muffins when I saw them on special in the store a few weeks ago. Pulled two from the freezer for supper tonight.

We're enjoying some rain so it's a good night to have a big pot on the stove. I had a nice pork shoulder in the freezer and I was going to make SteveKroll's Goulash Soup, but found that I'm out of Sweet Paprika, so change of plans to my Shortcut Chili Verde. It sure is smelling good, but making a note to get some Sweet Paprika.

I'm starting to feel a bit wonky. All stuffed up and more achy than usual. My DD had a fever and felt lousy for a few days. This is what I get for teaching her to always share.

I made a pork stir-fry tonight with lots of bell peppers, celery and onions. Served it over the rice medley I've been buying recently, with a few quick-pickled cucumbers on the side.

Attachments

• 1482372972537.jpg
    1482372972537.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 107
Yuck--I had to run into town in the afternoon to deal with Estate matters. I planned to make venison stew in the pressure cooker--meat wasn't thawed and I got back later than I planned, issues with the INR, yadda, yadda, yadda. Dad wanted KD with tuna and tomato. YUCK! That is what they ate. Mom ate most of hers, yuck. I had a salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom