What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LOL recipe is almost identical except for the amount of vanilla.

I've thought about making this recipe with walnuts.

They are also good made with chopped cashews.

We used to be able to buy a brand called Archway's Cashew Nougat cookies, they flew off the shelves at Christmas time! :yum:

Last edited:
They are also good made with chopped cashews.

We used to be able to buy a brand called Archway's Cashew Nougat cookies, they flew off the shelves at Christmas time! :yum:

For a long time I hadn't seen Archway cookies. All of a sudden they are back at my favorite store. My granddaughter loves the windmill ones. :angel:

For a long time I hadn't seen Archway cookies. All of a sudden they are back at my favorite store. My granddaughter loves the windmill ones. :angel:

We used to get the Archway oatmeal raisin cookies. Haven't seen them for years.

Christmas baking has begun! This weekend SO baked 12 dozen anise cookies for the holidays. This is the time of year I lose freezer space to baked goods for a month or more.

I waited to see how the pound cake turned out before I posted:D. The last time I made it I created a mess by forgetting the splatter shield and then after the cake was safely in the oven and I was licking the beaters, I discovered I forgot to add the sugar. Well, this time, I poured the batter into a loaf pan and could tell I had too much batter for the pan, and realized I was supposed to use the bundt pan:blink:. I poured the rest of the batter into another loaf pan. Both pans turned out good:)

bread 001.JPG

bread 006.JPG

no knead bread with some parmesan cheese folded in
YUM!
great with soup or pasta

I am planning Mexican chocolate chip cookies in the Amoretti Test Kitchen this morning, and if I have enough time this afternoon, a batch of Kahlua brownies with brown butter icing, made with Amoretti Kahlua type syrup instead of the liqueur, so they will be halal.

Danishes! With scratch made raspberry filling, cream cheese filling, and vanilla bean glaze. And my secret weapon, trader joes puff pastry! (Their pie crust is another favorite of mine when I'm feeling lazy). ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416539032.883016.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416539048.464706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't actually baked anything YET, but I have made some dog biscuit dough and put it in the freezer. I also am making some no knead clover rolls. The dough is still rising. I will bake 1/2 a dozen and freeze the rest.

Got mom into the kitchen and we made apple pie together. We filled a bowl with apples and I told her to make up the filling like she always had, then we topped the filling with chopped walnuts before putting on the top crust. Then she whipped up a loaf of banana bread. The house smells wonderful!

It's been a very long time since I was able to bake with mom. She baked all the time when I was a kid, but after they started the business and dad got sick, there was no time to do it, and she was just so tired she didn't want to. I'm hoping to spark her cooking bug, since she will soon have a brand new house and lots of time to do it in her retirement.

SO made and decorated a batch of sugar cookies this afternoon. The Christmas cookies are done for this year.

I made some clover yeast rolls. I made the dough yesterday and made 3 6-count muffin pans of rolls. I baked one and froze the other two. I was worried about how they would try out after freezing. I pulled them out awhile before cooking to thaw and rise and they came out great! BF was moaning whie chewing these rolls with some honey butter. :)

I also made a cut down version of PrincessFiona's pumpkin cheesecake. I put them in mini muffin cups with no crust. Did not come out as I had hoped. I am sure it I did something awfully wrong to get my results.

I made some clover yeast rolls. I made the dough yesterday and made 3 6-count muffin pans of rolls. I baked one and froze the other two. I was worried about how they would try out after freezing. I pulled them out awhile before cooking to thaw and rise and they came out great! BF was moaning whie chewing these rolls with some honey butter. :)

I also made a cut down version of PrincessFiona's pumpkin cheesecake. I put them in mini muffin cups with no crust. Did not come out as I had hoped. I am sure it I did something awfully wrong to get my results.

Tell exactly what you did with the cheesecakes and we most likely can tell you where you went wrong. What were your results would also help. A picture of them would be of great assistance. I know. No one want to publish their failures. But we even have a professional baker here. So someone will have an answer. :angel:

If I was going to do mini muffin cups for cheesecake, I would do them in paper, foil or silicone cups. Otherwise they are stuck in the pan. The baking time would be too long for the minis, too! Actually I would likely bake them in ramekins and serve them that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom