What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I baking today? Me, in the oven we call our home. :glare:

I'd like to make some lemon bars, if it cools down at all.

:)Barbara

You must be fairly fortunate to live in an area that is having a summer! We have just under 60 degrees Fahrenheit here in WA. Wish we could combine and do an average...:rolleyes:
I would gladly do that! The humidity here is what really gets to me, but it has been in the low 90s lately. Our a/c has been broken for a couple years, and it is promising to be in the 100s again next month. :(

:)Barbara
P.S. No lemon bars--it was just too hot.

Made an apple upside down cake for Poppi, he was feeling left out cause he hates coconut... Whats wrong with him... :LOL:

Attachments

• DC PIX 009.jpg
    DC PIX 009.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 170
found a super recipe on line. called for apricot jam. didn't have any so used blackberry jam. layer of rich, buttery oatmeal mix, half on bottom. then jam then rest of crust mixture . now they are blackberry oatmeal bars. best thing i have made sweet wise in a long time. will pm recipe if you want it.

Made a cornbread. It called for 1 cup of sour cream and I only had a quarter cup, subbed in cottage cheese...worked wonderfully and it was quite tasty! Now I have to remember to write down my adjustments. I was greasing the pan with a half stick of butter and got a case of the lazies, tossed the half in the pan and put it in the warming oven. I got it out when I smelled the butter browning and poured in the batter...cornbread that didn't need to be buttered!!!

made pineapple banana bread. trying to decide if i want a pineapple glaze. would use the pineapple juice i drained from can,.little powdered sugar . what do u think.

thin crispy pizza dough pre baking in oven for my dinner. yum

Made excellent mini Sticky Buns with cashew nuts (locally available and abundant) in place of pecans or walnuts.

seems like the baking gods are smiling on a lot of us...I just pulled a loaf of whole wheat bread out of the bread machine, one of the best looking loaves I have made in a long time:)

started early today, made my fourth carrot cake in as many weeks, for dh's final meal of the day; cakes always turn out good, the goat cheese icing has been hit and miss consistency wise! have been pressing some ricotta to get a stiffer icing.

and crackers, never made crackers before.....the smoked tuna lasted much longer than the triscuits....so have made ww crackers twice this week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom