What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was craving granola bars and came up with a strange concoction of frozen homemade apple butter from last fall, sliced almonds, raisins, strawberries, oatmeal, honey, and a smidge of baking soda. As I despise baking and am usually horrible at it, these came out surprisingly good! DH heartily agrees. Plan to pack and freeze for work.

DD's birthday is today. Her favorite cake is red velvet so I made a red velvet cake this morning and turned it into a red velvet/white chocolate mousse trifle. I hope she likes it.

Attachments

• redvelvetwhitechocolatemoussetrifle.jpg
    redvelvetwhitechocolatemoussetrifle.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 176
Well I wont be making anythinkg aas beautiful as mama
s cake. how lucky for her daughter
I 'm just going to be making peanut butter cookies for the nurses.
kadesma;)

Since I won't be at MaMa's house (what a great b-day treat!), I will have some of the blueberry pie that just came out of the oven. It sure smells good!

Thanks kadesma and chopper. Peanut butter cookies and Homemade blueberry pie sounds pretty darn awesome too!

What are you using in your poolish?
kadesma
Kosher salt, Water, Bread flour, Fleschmens instant yeast.

That's pretty much what the recipe for the poolish called for.

Tomorrow I am adding some flavor into the dough. Maybe some Italian spice, parsley flakes, rosemary.

Last edited:
Kosher salt, Water, Bread flour, Fleschmens instant yeast.

That's pretty much what the recipe for the poolish called for.

Tomorrow I am adding some flavor into the dough. Maybe some Italian spice, parsley flakes, rosemary.
Sounds good I add some whiite winde to mine the flavor is wonderful.
kadesma

Today it's flapjacks but haven't yet found the perfect recipe that sticks together, keeps the oats soft and isn't a little hard-crusted (because I've had to overcook it to get them to solidfy). Maybe I'll have more luck today. :)

I made blueberry pie and chocolate chip cookies yesterday. No baking today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom