What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I got so busy making chicken corn chowder (had to make the stock first), and then a lasagna I ran out of time (and oven space) to bake yesterday. Today I have been busy hanging with the kiddos and doing laundry so no baking either, but boy am I getting the itch!

I tried a new recipe for breakfast this morning. Cherry scones with dried sweet cherries and freshly grated lemon rind. The wonderful fragrance from the oven almost drove me out of the house. They were wonderful. Buck and I ate half of them for breakfast. They were delish.

Corazon, the chowder was wonderful! I gave some to my Mom, its a hit over there too. And the chile flakes give it enough zip. Thanks a bunch for the recipe. Thats a keeper!

Just ran to the store to be prepared to be snowed in. Should be starting here soon. DH is out of town and I don't know how to start the snowblower! Guess I'll have to ask a neighbor if I HAVE to go somewhere.
Anyway I bought some chinnamon chips for oatmeal cinnamon chip cookies, I skipped buying bread and thought I would make some to use up my whole wheat flour.

Sure Lefse, I'll pm them to you also.

I made a peach raspberry cake for breakfast today. It's not super sweet. Perfect with a cup of tea in the morning.

I can't believe how much I've been baking! We have so many baked goods in the house!

Two fresh apple cakes to take to dialysis people tomorrow..
Tomorrow when I get home will make some pear bread with some pears that need to be used.
kadesma:)

It's chocolate chip cookie day!! I am making my "kitchen sink cookies". It started one January when I wanted to make cookies and didn't have enought chocolate chips but had some butterscotch and white chocolate chips which I was able to use to make up the difference. I don't use nuts cause I have someone allergic but you could if you wanted to. I found the best ratio is 2 parts chocolate chips to 1 part each white and butterscotch. I make 12 dozen at a time (and even then they go way too fast!).

I also need a dessert for a get together tonight so I am thawing some puff pastry, making a mixed berry filling and making it into a strudel.

Two fresh apple cakes to take to dialysis people tomorrow..
Tomorrow when I get home will make some pear bread with some pears that need to be used.
kadesma:)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^how far do you live from me?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
love 'anything' pears...............
pear bread? what?
that's it! we're gonna meet somewhere in the middle and you're gonna give me a pear bread and I'm gonna give you Placerville AppleHill bread.
now the where and when is the question......
hope you're doing well today sweet lady.
IPFYT...............<<you know what that means....;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^how far do you live from me?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
love 'anything' pears...............
pear bread? what?
that's it! we're gonna meet somewhere in the middle and you're gonna give me a pear bread and I'm gonna give you Placerville AppleHill bread.
now the where and when is the question......
hope you're doing well today sweet lady.
IPFYT...............<<you know what that means....;)
Yes, I know and thank you:)
I'll PM you and we can work something out..I'd love to make you some pear bread..
kades

It's chocolate chip cookie day!!
I love this cookie web page. This gal is darling, saw her on a TV cookie bakeoff or something. She has no trouble doing crazy things to create her magic cookie madness.............
Been researching kitchen scales online.........I want number 21.;)

Yes, I know and thank you:)
I'll PM you and we can work something out..I'd love to make you some pear bread..
kades
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this cookie web page. This gal is darling, saw her on a TV cookie bakeoff or something. She has no trouble doing crazy things to create her magic cookie madness.............
Been researching kitchen scales online.........I want number 21.;)

Yes, Lefse, Number 21 would be perfect for you - much like mine! Let me know when you get it and I will send you some more awesome recipes based on weight!

This cookie site is great! Just what I need a zillion more ways to make cookies - well at least maybe it will help with that bottomless cookie jar I seem to have :LOL:

I didn't end up making the chocolate chip banana bread earlier this week but those bananas were black as night so I had to do it today.
Aidan is getting really good at helping me. He's great at measuring and leveling off the flour (even though he gets it everywhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom